upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
The secret service might be knocking my door down in the next 5 minutes for posting this but I have a friend who was on the presidential watch about 15 years ago and he spilled the beans on some stuff. I believe his credentials as we’ve been close since 1994 in HS.

Back to the point, he mentioned that there’s an Area 2 and an Area 3 in Virginia for reasons that you’ve mentioned. The Govt wants everyone to focus on Area 51 when they moved most of that ET crap to Virginia and for a while it was down at the Homestead Air Force Base about 25-30 miles south of Miami. Hurricane Andrew around Aug 1992 made them move ET’s up to VA. Fact or fake, still trying to research if Nixon did indeed show Jackie Gleason aliens in Homestead.

Ok didn’t want to turn this into an alien thread but yeah, knowing if there’s an outside to the universe boggles my mind.
ive got a neighbor who was high high up in the military. to the point he was in the bunker at the pentagon on 911. Everytime I ask him if theres aliens, he just laughs nervously and walks away.

Luckily, ive been following the life choices of Russell from Independence Day preparing for my moment to shine
Can we all have your stuff when you guys mysteriously disappear?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614885.00
      06-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #68
garyfried
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 435ix

Lets adjust the speed limit based on the fuel supply reserves and the price of the fuel. This is for those of you that remember the double nickel speed limit in the states.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614885.00
      06-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #69
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Can we all have your stuff when you guys mysteriously disappear?
Might as well spill more beans. My wife worked for a very reputable ‘place’ in Westchester County and dealt with the Clinton’s, Darth Vader (James Earl Jones), Glenn Close, Bernie Williams (former Yankee) and Chevy Chase. IIRC I posted this a while back:

Clinton’s: Bill loved to show off and let everyone know he was there. SS suggested that he stay low key but he never listened. Hillary went by the code name Pocahontas. They were both nice to my wife but caught him looking haha.

Vader: super nice guy.

Glenn Close: very nice to my wife.

Bern Baby Burn: loves music and was sweet.

Chevy: asshole.

She and other employees were warned to never engage with chit chat with them. But they still talked to her about normal day to day stuff. James Earl Jones’ daughter went to a school for a while in Poughkeepsie. Clinton’s live somewhere full time in Chappaqua IIRC.

Hmmm, just heard some bangs on the door.

I’ve often wondered if forum members on here will bail me out.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #70
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Hmmm, just heard some bangs on the door.

I’ve often wondered if forum members on here will bail me out.
Wonder no more - the answer is...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
F30lolz6798.50
vreihen1614885.00
      06-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #71
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

If 2 blind people have a baby who watches the kid.
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17874.00
King Rudi13152.00
ramman434710.00
      06-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #72
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have enough money to do everything I wanted to do and buy everything I wanted to buy. As well as Taking care of friends and family.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #73
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Do Americans truly feel unsafe the majority of the time and therefore feel they need to walk about with a CW?

What about in the small town bible belt areas?

My wife and I were sort of kicking around the idea of moving to America as a last resort (I think America would be a reasonably decent place to live to be fair, but it is a last resort because we'd both have to retrain in our careers and so it would be extremely disruptive and we'd be leaving family behind), but I'm wondering if people really honestly feel unsafe / scared about gun violence?

I've never really felt that way as a tourist, but admittedly, I'm probably walking around with blinders on. The attraction to America is that it seems to stand for something and act with some common sense, which is more than I can say for my current provincial and federal government. My concern is they will continue to lock us down in September and if so, we are seriously going to have to consider moving. Either to Alberta, the last conservative stronghold, or out of the country.

I think Alberta would be far less disruptive, but it comes with its own challenges.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #74
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
If 2 blind people have a baby who watches the kid.
Now this question will keep me up tonight. I don't know if I will laugh or not.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 10:35 PM   #75
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Do Americans truly feel unsafe the majority of the time and therefore feel they need to walk about with a CW?

My wife and I were sort of kicking around the idea of moving to America as a last resort (I think America would be a reasonably decent place to live to be fair, but it is a last resort because we'd both have to retrain in our careers and so it would be extremely disruptive and we'd be leaving family behind), but I'm wondering if people really honestly feel unsafe / scared about gun violence?

I've never really felt that way as a tourist, but admittedly, I'm probably walking around with blinders on. The attraction to America is that it seems to stand for something and act with some common sense, which is more than I can say for my current provincial and federal government. My concern is they will continue to lock us down in September and if so, we are seriously going to have to consider moving. Either to Alberta, the last conservative stronghold, or out of the country.

I think Alberta would be far less disruptive, but it comes with its own challenges.
Has nothing to do with fear. Can you predict when a car crash will happen and only wear your seat belt then? I carry bunch off tools in my vehicle in case I need to fix something. Being prepared has nothing to do with fear.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 06-08-2021 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614885.00
King Rudi13152.00
unluky7465.00
      06-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #76
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

If I set out to fail and do have i succeeded?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 07:11 AM   #77
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

I've often wondered why people from foreign countries picture the USA as if we are a living B&W western movie with shootouts at noon every day?

I have worked in a small city known as the murder capital of New York State for 35 years, and don't lose any sleep at night because I cannot even leave my CCW in a trunk lockbox where I work because it isn't allowed on the property per state law. I'll drive a wide berth around certain neighborhoods, but do not live in fear.

I'm actually in the process of closing on a lot to build our retirement house, in a small town bible belt area down south. The crime rate in that entire region is notably high, which scares people off when looking for a place to relocate. I didn't feel the need to be carrying when we walked around the main street area.....
      06-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #78
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have enough money to do everything I wanted to do and buy everything I wanted to buy. As well as Taking care of friends and family.
Trust me, it isn't a life that you want any part of. Understanding that money is no longer an issue creates a less stressful mindset, however; you learn you really quickly how it affects everyone around you. I lost friends that I thought were some of the closest relationships I had in my life. I also gained some new friends that weren't really friends at all. Taking care of family only leaves them asking/begging for more. Then it comes to anytime they want something (want - not need) then you become their personal piggy bank. Those that struggle financially and are close friends, alienate themselves from you because it's difficult watching close friends "come up" while they still struggle. I ended up alone with no one (genuine) to call a friend aside from those that already had money. Personally for me, I felt accomplished. I could buy anything my kids wanted/needed. Ultimately what happened is my kids decided to move in with their mother as they couldn't adjust to a different lifestyle. I bought them new shoes, they gave them to their friends. I bought them clothes, they ruined them within a week. I bought braces, they didn't take care of their teeth. I bought them cars, they totaled them. In short, if a person doesn't work for the money; they don't appreciate what it buys and most people aren't happy for you to succeed, they want you to fail so they look better by not doing anything. If you ever get to this point, stick to your own, act as if you are still poor and let no one know what you have.

I used to giggle to myself at how accurate the song Mo' Money Mo' Problems truly is.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614885.00
      06-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #79
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It's probably what a lot of ppl think..what to do when coming up with big lottery win.
First thing I would do is to move into a Park Lane hotel while figuring out what plans would be drawn up next keeping a straight head and taking time about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 11:59 AM   #80
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Trust me, it isn't a life that you want any part of. Understanding that money is no longer an issue creates a less stressful mindset, however; you learn you really quickly how it affects everyone around you. I lost friends that I thought were some of the closest relationships I had in my life. I also gained some new friends that weren't really friends at all. Taking care of family only leaves them asking/begging for more. Then it comes to anytime they want something (want - not need) then you become their personal piggy bank. Those that struggle financially and are close friends, alienate themselves from you because it's difficult watching close friends "come up" while they still struggle. I ended up alone with no one (genuine) to call a friend aside from those that already had money. Personally for me, I felt accomplished. I could buy anything my kids wanted/needed. Ultimately what happened is my kids decided to move in with their mother as they couldn't adjust to a different lifestyle. I bought them new shoes, they gave them to their friends. I bought them clothes, they ruined them within a week. I bought braces, they didn't take care of their teeth. I bought them cars, they totaled them. In short, if a person doesn't work for the money; they don't appreciate what it buys and most people aren't happy for you to succeed, they want you to fail so they look better by not doing anything. If you ever get to this point, stick to your own, act as if you are still poor and let no one know what you have.

I used to giggle to myself at how accurate the song Mo' Money Mo' Problems truly is.
Can i be your friend rudy?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
UncleWede17874.00
      06-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #81
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

So we're all just throwing out questions and wonderments out there and not expecting any answers or discussions?

Dreams. That is still an amazing and unknown aspect, although ppl have tried to explained them, it's still very fascinating. Apparently we always have them, and it's just a matter if you remembered them or not.

Law of Attraction, quantum physics. Seeing repeated numbers often. What happens after death.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #82
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Have you had any dreams lately that your teeth are falling out?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #83
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Have you had any dreams lately that your teeth are falling out?
You asking me? No, doesn't sound very pleasant...you try to figure out what it means?

That's probably a good new thread, "tell me your weirdest dreams".
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #84
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Can i be your friend rudy?
No, because now my feelings are hurt. I thought we were already friends.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      06-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #85
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
So we're all just throwing out questions and wonderments out there and not expecting any answers or discussions?

Dreams. That is still an amazing and unknown aspect, although ppl have tried to explained them, it's still very fascinating. Apparently we always have them, and it's just a matter if you remembered them or not.

Law of Attraction, quantum physics. Seeing repeated numbers often. What happens after death.
I feel there should be a thread that covers these topics. I have spent a great deal of time pondering and researching all of these topics. Always curious on what other people's thoughts are, but usually most always disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #86
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I feel there should be a thread that covers these topics. I have spent a great deal of time pondering and researching all of these topics. Always curious on what other people's thoughts are, but usually most always disappointed.
Ya, it's fascinating and sometimes too overwhelming for our primitive 'monkey' brains to try to contemplate. It makes me feel 'claustrophobic' thinking of these things sometimes, e.g. what happens after death, do we feel nothing, like when it was before we were born, and do we really cease to exist? Or is there reincarnation and our memories are wiped so we think it's our only life but in actuality we lived countless ones already?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #87
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

I've often wondered how people get hooked on smoking cigarettes. They're a filthy habit and yet at some point in a person's life they had to think to themselves, "hey I think I want to try sucking on a cancer stick".
Appreciate 4
Littlebear3508.50
vreihen1614885.00
Tommy-G4467.00
      06-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #88
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, because now my feelings are hurt. I thought we were already friends.
Don't be a bitch i need a wingman goose
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13152.00