06-01-2021, 07:03 AM   #1
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Porsche Financial Service experiences?

Good Morrow Fellow Bimmerposters,

Having dealt with BMWFS for a combined 20+ years in our family, we have no problem getting approved. Recently put a deposit with a Porsche dealer and was wondering what folks experiences are with regard to their income requirements. BMWFS basically just goes with stated income but I've heard PFS often wants proof. It's not a problem to provide it, but curious if there is any insight from the hive mind.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
I don't remember giving any bank statements or anything to BMWFS for approval. I can't imagine Porsche doing anything like that either.
I would imagine that dealerships that cater to more, let's say, a credit dependent target audience, like domestic dealerships or KIA/Hyundai would require statements if you're going through their financial institutions. I'm sure more people default on those loans rather than higher end dealerships.
Murf99314114.00
      06-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post

Having dealt with BMWFS for a combined 20+ years in our family, we have no problem getting approved. Recently put a deposit with a Porsche dealer and was wondering what folks experiences are with regard to their income requirements. BMWFS basically just goes with stated income but I've heard PFS often wants proof. It's not a problem to provide it, but curious if there is any insight from the hive mind.
Wouldn't this just be a good question to ask either the salesperson you worked with, or the rep at PFS they are going to refer you to? Just seems like a very straightforward "A or B" answer that they could answer in 10 seconds versus some speculation on the internet...

-Mark
      06-01-2021, 07:48 PM   #4
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Quote:

Wouldn't this just be a good question to ask either the salesperson you worked with, or the rep at PFS they are going to refer you to? Just seems like a very straightforward "A or B" answer that they could answer in 10 seconds versus some speculation on the internet...

-Mark
Agreed, but I think half the reason we are on these forums is to get outside opinions. People ask for lease help (albeit for BMWFS) all the time, why rely on what a stealership tells you?
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #5
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Didn’t ask for proof here, although PNC was better
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
They don't generally ask or try to verify it, they never did for me.

What PFS and BMWFS all care for generally is not seeing a late payment on your record and good credit rating. So long as you pay everything on time, you are fine.
      06-01-2021, 11:58 PM   #7
dilanz03
Rep
Drives: M3

Are you sure that Porsche offers such financial services?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

PFS didn't ask for any proof for me. Just ran my credit and that was it.
Appreciate 1
c1pher4545.50
      06-02-2021, 11:21 AM   #9
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

They won't. Regardless, this can only go one of two ways:

*start process*
*Boomer salesman pecks away at keyboard while squinting at the screen*
*complete process*

Or...

*start process*
"We're gonna need to verify income."
"Oh, ok. But I read on the internet that you wouldn't."
"Huh?"
"Ok, hold on. I need to call my dad."
Appreciate 4
nicholasn261.00
MJBO2496.00
Cos270608.50
      06-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #10
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Just ran my credit like any normal credit app, smooth sailing...was a couple of years ago but assuming it is the same. Now I wasn't buying a $300k Porsche though
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 11:42 AM   #11
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I've always been kinda surprised that auto lenders all don't ask for income verification, since that info isn't in the credit reports and they have no other way of knowing.

OP I respect your curiosity in starting the thread, but of course all this is easily solved by bringing your W2's when you go to sign the deal
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2021, 10:40 PM   #12
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I've always been kinda surprised that auto lenders all don't ask for income verification, since that info isn't in the credit reports and they have no other way of knowing.

OP I respect your curiosity in starting the thread, but of course all this is easily solved by bringing your W2's when you go to sign the deal
Is the question why doesn't BMWFS always do it just as standard procedure or to what degree do they ask for it?

BMWFS does and quite often. Not saying that majority of clients are asked for income verification, but based on your credit or lack thereof, BMWFS will request it - usually 4-6 months along with some sort of written letter.

But if you have ever leased or financed a vehicle through BMWFS prior and never missed a payment or account was in good standing, that will almost always be a system approval assuming your income has not changed.

I would say BMWFS (at least the Canadian arm) is actually pretty good with credit risk (analysis). When you see enough credit applications and see the outcome and see what FS requires, they really do analyze each client and not just passively.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #13
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

sort of what happened in the US with mortgages. When I bought my house more than 30 years ago, I had to put down 20% and prove my income. Now neither is often required.
Appreciate 1
RM72870.00
      06-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #14
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

YMMV - maybe you've got a sweet deal on the table but usually Porsche FS is not nearly as generous as BMW FS when it comes to terms and incentives. I would be sure you shop around and understand options before pulling the trigger (i.e. a car loan from the bank or CU...not saying don't buy the Porsche )
      06-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #15
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
They won't. Regardless, this can only go one of two ways:

*start process*
*complete process*

Or...

*start process*
"We're gonna need to verify income."
"Oh, ok. But I read on the internet that you wouldn't."
"Huh?"
"Ok, hold on. I need to call my dad."
Porsche has 75 yr old salespeople?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 07:46 PM   #16
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So to add to this thread. Mrs. Malibu ended up going with a Porsche at MSRP about a year ago. Although she wanted a 911, the wait time was too long (especially since we wanted European Delivery) and with two kids -- we only had a 6 month old when I started the thread -- it just wasn't practical anymore. So we cross shopped the BMW X6M/BMW X3M and the Cayenne S/Macan S (weird cadre I know). She wasn't a fan of the X3M styling, and the X6M and (to nearly the same extent) the Cayenne were just as much tank and fighter jet as my X5MC. The Macan S was the sweet spot. As a side note, she had to get a tire replaced and an oil change a few weeks ago and they gave her a base Macan as a loaner...YIKES...the get-up-and-go got up and went in the base vs. the S. It's definitely more sports car than SUV.

Ended up getting an allocation from an Orlando area dealer with relative ease. Got our Order # around Labor Day and the car was on the ground at the dealer on Black Friday. No income verification. Just usual credit check. Interest rates on their leases are SKY-F*CKING-HIGH. But she loves "Porschie" and it's the perfect car for her 5'2" frame. Completely smooth sailing. Not quite a BMW experience, but not far off.

Also, I explained to the CA/SA in advance our tax situation and how income flows through our household and he worked it out in the finance office. Happy spouse, happy house and our house is happy one year in...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 08:08 PM   #17
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:

Are you familiar with rennlist? Try asking there, the audience is far more qualified than on a BMW site.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2023, 08:51 PM   #18
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
So to add to this thread. Mrs. Malibu ended up going with a Porsche at MSRP about a year ago. Although she wanted a 911, the wait time was too long (especially since we wanted European Delivery) and with two kids -- we only had a 6 month old when I started the thread -- it just wasn't practical anymore. So we cross shopped the BMW X6M/BMW X3M and the Cayenne S/Macan S (weird cadre I know). She wasn't a fan of the X3M styling, and the X6M and (to nearly the same extent) the Cayenne were just as much tank and fighter jet as my X5MC. The Macan S was the sweet spot. As a side note, she had to get a tire replaced and an oil change a few weeks ago and they gave her a base Macan as a loaner...YIKES...the get-up-and-go got up and went in the base vs. the S. It's definitely more sports car than SUV.

Ended up getting an allocation from an Orlando area dealer with relative ease. Got our Order # around Labor Day and the car was on the ground at the dealer on Black Friday. No income verification. Just usual credit check. Interest rates on their leases are SKY-F*CKING-HIGH. But she loves "Porschie" and it's the perfect car for her 5'2" frame. Completely smooth sailing. Not quite a BMW experience, but not far off.

Also, I explained to the CA/SA in advance our tax situation and how income flows through our household and he worked it out in the finance office. Happy spouse, happy house and our house is happy one year in...
Porsche has some of the worst leasing programs known to mankind.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 04:30 PM   #19
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

As long as you have a really good score & no late payments etc, you should be fine.

I can go out & buy a bunch of cars I cannot afford right now & the dealers would not ask for proof. It is quite puzzling at times.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 12:57 PM   #20
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
I have a really good score, excellent payment history, and a diverse portfolio. They still want to do proof of income on me even though I have massive credit lines and substantially larger loans that have been paid in full.

Last time I tried to do this on a 992 TTS, they wanted to do a colonoscopy and examine every k1, every one of my entities etc, to which I told them to piss off.
      11-19-2023, 03:24 PM   #21
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
I have a really good score, excellent payment history, and a diverse portfolio. They still want to do proof of income on me even though I have massive credit lines and substantially larger loans that have been paid in full.

Last time I tried to do this on a 992 TTS, they wanted to do a colonoscopy and examine every k1, every one of my entities etc, to which I told them to piss off.
Yeah they should just loan you $200k without checking your debt to income ratio.
Appreciate 1
RM72870.00
      11-20-2023, 04:13 PM   #22
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Yeah they should just loan you $200k without checking your debt to income ratio.
Yeah you don't get it. This was a company deal with corp tax returns and me as a PG.