E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum Photos, Videos, Builds

05-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #1
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Apollo 13

Öhlins Road & Track - SUPER UNSCIENTIFIC First Impressions

Hello everyone,

As you've might of seen before, I had purchased a set of Öhlins Road & Track for my e46 M3, after reading as much as possible, and having in mind the the recognition that revolves around the Öhlins brand.

My initial idea was to show the differences between the two setups, via the camera movement and my feedback but, a combination of lack of brains (because I was going much faster with the Öhlins VS the CSL suspension) and lack of overall awareness, the differences can only be understood by my commentary. As I said, my first impression was a bit tainted due to the fact that I was with a clear idea that it would become tremendously supple, which it would never, but with further driving, I could understand how improved ride was.

Also, plenty of people say that you should allow 5-10 minutes of driving, before making judgment on the actual effects the clicks had on the ride. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any question, feel free to ask. A full review coming soon... ish.

But, I'm also very interested in, those who have Öhlins, what settings do you use? Do you enjoy your suspension? What type of usage do you get out of it?

And finally, here is my video, which is a bit long, but perhaps you'll find something interesting in it.

Appreciate 0