BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-21-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
The Kayaking Thread

I was surprised to see we didn't have one yet, with all the other hobby/outdoor activity threads. I searched and didn't find one, but if I missed it, mods please lock/delete.

Anyway, I was hoping to start a place where we can share our stories with others who enjoy the water sport. Please post up your rigs, accessories, recent outings and photos, catch of the day, etc.!

At the moment I primarily do one day flat water treks up to 10 miles and lazy river floats up to 15 miles. Wanting to expand that into overnight treks and I've finally gotten all the equipment to do it. Don't fish currently, but a lot of people around me do. I have ventured into white water a few times. Enjoy that also, but locally it takes a pretty significant rain to get the rocky rivers here high enough to float easily.

I've got two yaks (three if you count the one my seven year old scoots around in). One is a generic recreational Pelican which surprisingly has proven to be very capable. Only drawback for it is that it lacks a bit in terms of storage and capacity for anything overnight. It's great for day trips.

I just recently got a Wildnerness Systems Tarpon that is going to help a lot with longer distance/overnight treks. And my dog can ride in it for shorter trips. I hope to take it out on the water for the first time this weekend.

Right now I have both set up for lights to be night ride ready, as well as internal hull lighting for the Pelican. Both are set up to have a mounting spot for my two-way radios and hand mic. Where I go tends to be extremely remote, so you just never know. I carry both on a trailer I built, towed by my F30 x-Drive.

And here are few pictures from some of my most recent floats.

Please feel free to share yours!

Appreciate 1
overcoil3068.50
      05-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #2
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

White water guy, myself. Love my Pyranha kayaks. Owned Daggers and Jacksons, like the evil fish best :-)

My latest, along with Lucy's new stable mate in the snow...

Steve

Last edited by ShakyDog; 05-24-2021 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
chassis6373.50
      12-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
I have an inflatable 3-person kayak that works great and can fit in the trunk. The setup isn't too bad with a foot pump, takes about 8 minutes and we're on the water.

Appreciate 0