home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-04-2021, 07:29 AM   #1
LondonMark
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

Fuel leak

2015 LCI M135i with 15000 miles (owned since new) - Fuel leaking only when the engine in running. When running, the fuel is dripping thinly but constant from the area by/below the fuel tank and rear o/s wheel. I know this is urgent and needs a professional to deal with it, but this has just happened so I wanted to see if any of you may know possible causes seeing as the car has such an easy and sheltered life. Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Sounds like a clamp that came loose or a hose that cracked.

You should inspect yourself if you can, just go under the car and see. Maybe replace it after seeing where the leak comes from. Not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #3
LondonMark
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

Fuel leak from spare nipple of F21 fuel pump

I found the source of my fuel leak. The fuel is squirting out from what looks like a spare nipple/nozzle on the top of the fuel pump that is located under the rear seat in my 2015 F21 LCI M135i. The BMW fuel pump part number is 7243975. Should there be a hole on the top of this nipple? Has anyone else had this problem? All knowledge much appreciated. I've attached a photo showing the fuel squirting out (centre of the photo, to the right of the electric connector). Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
chef423
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Replace it, I just did both of mine (Fuel pump and Pressure Regulator)..on the E90, the Fuel Pressure Regulator is notorious for cracking on the top and leaking a bit of fuel, which was the case for me. I did both just because I drive a 2008 with 130k miles on it, your car is much newer so you may only want to replace the faulty part, not both.

That pic looks dangerous, That is leaking directly on a wire with an electrical charge.
Appreciate 0