BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

05-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #45
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat View Post
I am so jealous.
You know they're all over eBay, right?

Also there are new versions with USB connectors. Not quite the same feel as the oldies but close enough for me. I buy them in twos because I wear them out.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:51 PM   #46
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Gonna go ahead and bump this thread...

So, I've always been a fan of the flatter key profiles / laptop keys. Shorter travel, less fatigue for lots of typing, never had an issue fat-fingering like some have. Haven't had a mechanical keyboard in about 20 years, and never saw the hype coworkers had for them - to me it was just an annoyance and more reason to expense some nice Bose QC35s (noise cancelling).

That being said, over the last couple years companies have come out with flatter, chiclet-style (or chiclet-esque) mechanical keyboards.

I was on a Razer Deathstalker for the last 3 years, and my new Logitech G915 arrived today.

Even though I got the "tactile" keys, it feels a bit....mushy compared to my Razer Deathstalker. I imagine I'll adjust quickly.

First impression :

1. Spent about 45 minutes playing around with configuration profiles. RGB lighting, etc. Had to download the new G hub software as the old gaming software was obselete.

2. H E A V Y B O I. Seriously, I could use this thing as a backup melee weapon for the zombie apocalypse. Description says machined from aluminum, feels like steel. Hefty and definitely not gonna go anywhere from shifting your hands while typing. I'm exaggerating for comedic effect but yeah, this thing is beefy. I went with the full keyboard including numpad rather than the TKL, so one thing I'll be changing here shortly is having just a mousepad vs a full desk keyboard + mousepad. Can't really shift this thing around as easily for swapping between laptop + desktop (work vs play).

3. Lightspeed + bluetooth connectivity is working great so far. Roughly 200 hours of battery life (and still charging) and can swap between PC desktop and Mac laptop with a tap. Media controls work with a webpage opened on Pandora so that's nice to have. Technically my Deathstalker had that too but it was an extra key combo rather than dedicated buttons so I barely used it. One-touch mute is good too for phone calls / meetings.

4. Overall getting used to typing on nicely even as I finish this post. Not overly loud / clicky to the point where it'll annoy me but still tactile enough for firm confirmation of typing, the mushiness is going away already though I'm experimenting with softer touches to see what I can get away with regarding activation points.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:09 AM   #47
mystermykee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Just got on the Keychron K3 release.

https://www.keychron.com/products/ke...navi%20to%20K3
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 04:07 AM   #48
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I own a Dell Alienware TactX and have 2 more as back up stored, best I ever had.
Attached Images

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #49
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Wait, aren't all keyboards mechanical even the ones with butterfly mechanisms? (Unless it's a membrane or laser)
That being said, I still love my old IBM keyboard the most. It has a noisy but satisfying click when you type. It seems to say "Look at me, I'm working"
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      11-02-2020, 09:10 AM   #50
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

I've been using my Cooler Master Quickfire Stealth TKL (Cherry MX red switches)) for almost 7 years now. Shockingly good quality for the price--only $70. Hardly any wear (ABS plastic) despite very heavy use (high school, college, gaming, work, and general use). Since the lettering is on the front of the keys, it still looks like it's brand new. It feels like it's still new, too, and I have no intention of looking for a replacement until it dies.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 01:16 AM   #51
PJLux
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 328i

I'm currently using a Logitech G610 Orion. One of these days I'll upgrade, hopefully to one of these babies- https://www.taehatypes.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #52
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

I've always been a laptop gamer so I've gotten used to laptop keyboards. Whenever I play on a gaming keyboard I can't get used to the long press of the keys. I recently bought a one-hand with brown switch keys and I've been using it, but still don't like the feel. Too long of a press and I have to stretch my hand out more than I do with the laptop.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #53
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I do like mechanical keyboards but I'm not cool enough to know what the cool brands are. At home in FL I've had some azio for many years, I like it and I like it has white backlighting. Here at the NC house I just bought the cheapest mechanical keyboard and mouse combo I could find on amazon. The mouse is shit, but the keyboard is fine. Only thing I don't like is when it said it was RGB I though I could change colors to whatever I want. Oh nay nay! That shit is rainbow colored all the time or I can turn off the backlighting altogether. It's good enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #54
StealthE1
Registered
Rep
Drives: ‎

Currently using a Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate (main desktop) and Das Keyboard Model S (work computer) at home, Das Keyboard Prime 13 at work, and an IBM Model M when I need to manage my servers.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      07-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #55
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

One of the things I learned during many years of being on call 24x7x365 is that the best keyboard is sometimes the one that's in front of you. As much as I love my preferred buttons, I also understand and respect the necessity of making do. Stay flexible!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 04:28 AM   #56
hulkiberlin
Registered
Rep
Drives: f31 318d

i like the mechanical but the are to loud
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 11:18 PM   #57
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkiberlin View Post
i like the mechanical but the are to loud
That's a common misconception

The noise level from a mechanical keyboard depends greatly on what switches are used inside. It can be totally silent if you buy the right parts.

I'm currently using a Keycult No. 2

DSC00741 by Bruce Han, on Flickr

DSC00749 by Bruce Han, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #58
ken_737
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthE1 View Post
Currently using a Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate (main desktop) and Das Keyboard Model S (work computer) at home, Das Keyboard Prime 13 at work, and an IBM Model M when I need to manage my servers.
I suppose that's the original IBM Model M...

Do you have experience with the "new" Unicomp Model M remake?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #59
jt_dgaf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 - F36 BMW 440i - M Sport

Currently using my first custom keeb, KBD67 lite with lubed gateron yellows and durock stabilizers. GMK laser key-caps

Sounds and feels amazing
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 04:42 AM   #60
christianbaader
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: volvo s60

Using my Bloody B930 RGB keyboard for almost a year. It's too loud compared to my previous cheap Logitech membrane keyboard, but since I wear headphones most of the time, I don't really hear anything coming from it. Had some 4 or 5 colored switches in the packing but never used it idk. I have both my keyboard and mouse from Bloody series, both RGB. Wouldn't switch back to a normal keyboard, the lighting is very comfy, especially when it's dark outside.
Appreciate 0