E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

11-20-2021, 12:20 AM   #1
marcuspenb9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3

Naturally Agitated SCAM - Mike Cotter experience

Hey everyone,
I thought I would share my recent experience with Mike Cotter from Naturally Agitated, as I do not want the same to happen to anyone else.

I contacted Mike Cotter through his website to rebuild my VANOS unit for my S50B32 in. He assured me he could do the rebuild and so I shipped the item to him in Feb 2021. Anyway, time progressed on with very little communication on his side, I found I was constantly following up his progress. However, finally in August 2021, he told me he had completed the build and he sent me several invoices equating to just over $2000 AUD. I paid him for his work, and he said he would send the item. I received no tracking number or details of anything to even tell me that he had shipped the item, although I just assumed that he did the right thing and shipped it. Also note that I never gave him my address, so I was a little confused. A month later he emailed me stating that the item had been seized by customs as they thought it contained drugs. He then told me that multiple parts were missing as customs had disassembled the VANOS unit. I found this quite unusual, it does not seem like the sort of item that you could pack drugs into, as it’s a complex piece of machinery…but oh well. I asked him for the original tracking number in order to check this myself and he never sent it to me, instead he changed the subject. In the following email, Mike told me he will source the parts that he needed to complete the VANOS unit from the UK. After another month and numerous emails, he has stopped responding, I asked him several times to simply refund the money even though I would still be worse off due to not having a VANOS unit, but he has failed to respond. I believe he has an illegitimate website and business, and I wish no one to have to deal with Mike in the BMW community. I would also like to say that prior to posting this I told Mike that I would do this if he failed to respond or at least refund me. But he has obviously left me with no choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:27 PM   #2
force4rmr
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 MW/SO

Man that sucks !! Assholes like that should be called out at every opportunity so hopefully this won't happen again. That scumbag belongs behind bars.
Appreciate 0