home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

06-22-2023, 06:51 AM   #1
choco_bluni
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E46

Rear Coilover ride height is uneven

Hello everyone i am a new member who owns a BMW e46 318 ci 2005.

I have recently purchased a set of maxpeedingrods coilovers with the camber adjustments.

I am having a rather annoying issue with adjusting the height of the rear divorced coilovers, before installing the rods i measured them and made sure they are both at equal length, i even double checked they are both equal lengths after i put them in. Now when i remove my stands and place the car on the ground they are somehow unequal lengths. The driver side is lower than the passenger by 3 cm. I then extend the driver side rod to make it slightly longer but the strangest thing is that it still doesn't change the height at all.

So to summarise, even after extending the rear driver side rod multiple times, it does not raise the car at all. the measurement between the fender and the hub cap stays the same. I even extended the rod close to the max and still no change. It sounds like an impossible scenario.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
Bent_remy
Enemy of viscosity and thermal breakdown
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E93 6MT

No one really checks this forum anymore. Try E46fanatics or NAM3.com for a more timely response.
      09-14-2023, 02:46 AM   #3
Lucase83
Rep
Drives: E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco_bluni View Post
Hello everyone i am a new member who owns a BMW e46 318 ci 2005.

I have recently purchased a set of maxpeedingrods coilovers with the camber adjustments.

I am having a rather annoying issue with adjusting the height of the rear divorced coilovers, before installing the rods i measured them and made sure they are both at equal length, i even double checked they are both equal lengths after i put them in. Now when i remove my stands and place the car on the ground they are somehow unequal lengths. The driver side is lower than the passenger by 3 cm. I then extend the driver side rod to make it slightly longer but the strangest thing is that it still doesn't change the height at all.

So to summarise, even after extending the rear driver side rod multiple times, it does not raise the car at all. the measurement between the fender and the hub cap stays the same. I even extended the rod close to the max and still no change. It sounds like an impossible scenario.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?
I think your issue is Maxspeedingrods.
Appreciate 0