BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

12-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #1233
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

so is mercedes officially withdrawing their appeal ? that was pretty quick

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 01:07 PM   #1234
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
There's no point to argue that scenario because it's impossible for you to consider it luck or bad luck. You cannot reduce corruption to luck.

Masi fixing the race result is exactly what happened. Whether or not his motive was purely based on a desire for Max to win or providing an exciting finish is up for debate, but he definitely chose to assist Redbull have a massive advantage over Mercedes.
I'd like to see that evidence (not result), and this is serious allegation. More serious than Singapore 2008.

Both teams were given the same opportunity to pit under SC. Merc didn't and RBR did. Mercedes "assumed/predicted" the race would end under SC.

Then why Merc should enjoy the benefit of lapped cars protecting Hamilton. If not letting them unlap themselves, would that be assisting Mercedes by not applying the rules?
(Note that I must admit FIA's cock up by announcing lapped cars won't unlap themselves initially, then reverse the decision later. Myself has a F*** You Michael Masi thought as well)

Then why there are rules stating "any" lapped cars (does that mean all lapped cars or just some be determined by Race Director) allowed up unlap themselves.

Then we figured the Race Director has the ultimate authority to deploy and call back the SC. And there were overriding rules that "safety car in this lap" above all else.

Michael Masi did mentioned earlier in the season that himself and the teams would prefer to finish the race in green flag condition. Should the track deemed safe.

While Michael Masi is the biggest culprit and cockups. I'd be careful calling him corrupted and race fixing unless there's hard evidence.

Let's say the five backmarkets were stuck between HAM and VER, and the race resumes. Is Masi still corrupted and fixing the race in favor to another camp?

This argument will go on for quite a while. Nonetheless, FIA got a hot potato on their hands and lots of SH*T to clean up.
      12-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #1235
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Lol, how many races is Max going to get away with weaving down the straights? I guess technically he didn't get away with it in that race, but has he received a penalty for it yet?
You're kidding around now. It's the price Ham paid in those last laps,remember Villeneuve's words 'stuff happens' and it usually does.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2021, 01:13 PM   #1236
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Mercedes is just chicken . Probably they are still hiding something under the Rocket PU cover...

The more you touch the/a SH1T , the more it stinks ..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #1237
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
They would be investigated also, that rear wing of theirs didn't have an extra test that Fia said they'd do b/c it was too late in the season.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2021, 01:25 PM   #1238
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I'd like to see that evidence (not result), and this is serious allegation. More serious than Singapore 2008.

Both teams were given the same opportunity to pit under SC. Merc didn't and RBR did. Mercedes "assumed/predicted" the race would end under SC.

Then why Merc should enjoy the benefit of lapped cars protecting Hamilton. If not letting them unlap themselves, would that be assisting Mercedes by not applying the rules?
(Note that I must admit FIA's cock up by announcing lapped cars won't unlap themselves initially, then reverse the decision later. Myself has a F*** You Michael Masi thought as well)

Then why there are rules stating "any" lapped cars (does that mean all lapped cars or just some be determined by Race Director) allowed up unlap themselves.

Then we figured the Race Director has the ultimate authority to deploy and call back the SC. And there were overriding rules that "safety car in this lap" above all else.

Michael Masi did mentioned earlier in the season that himself and the teams would prefer to finish the race in green flag condition. Should the track deemed safe.

While Michael Masi is the biggest culprit and cockups. I'd be careful calling him corrupted and race fixing unless there's hard evidence.

Let's say the five backmarkets were stuck between HAM and VER, and the race resumes. Is Masi still corrupted and fixing the race in favor to another camp?

This argument will go on for quite a while. Nonetheless, FIA got a hot potato on their hands and lots of SH*T to clean up.
I realize I'm beating a deadhorse, but it's not telling the full story to claim both teams were given the same opportunity to pit. Mercedes could only make their decision based off how the rules are written and how the safety car has been used in the past. So based on the written rules and the historical use of safety cars, Mercedes could NOT decide to pit because there weren't enough remaining laps to clear the track, get all lapped cars to pass the SC and return to the back of the queue, and for the safety car to return to the pits on the following lap. Masi did not inform them of a spontaneous modification to the rules, therefore they could only assume if they pit the race would end behind the SC and they would've forfeited the race to Redbull.

If Masi had ultimate power to modify the regulations however he deemed necessary, he could've red flagged the race. That would've gotten rid of all backmarkers between Max and Ham, allowed Mercedes to change tires without sacrificing grid position and provided the 1 or 2 lap showdown for the title so many people were after considering they didn't like how HAM/Mercedes dominated the first 99% of the race.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 01:29 PM   #1239
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate .That's Madness ! A penalty for what ?

For being carried to the hospital after being rammed in the wall with 51 G by HAM ?

Advice : Guys go see an exorcist 'ASAP !
He wouldn't have hit the wall if he hit his brakes. He had the stronger pace that day so he probably could've taken first place back at some point or worse case finish 2nd and not have to act a fool in Brazil and Qatar.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #1240
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I realize I'm beating a deadhorse, but it's not telling the full story to claim both teams were given the same opportunity to pit. Mercedes could only make their decision based off how the rules are written and how the safety car has been used in the past. So based on the written rules and the historical use of safety cars, Mercedes could NOT decide to pit because there weren't enough remaining laps to clear the track, get all lapped cars to pass the SC and return to the back of the queue, and for the safety car to return to the pits on the following lap. Masi did not inform them of a pending modification to the rules, therefore they could only assume if they pit the race would end behind the SC and they would've forfeited the race to Redbull.

If Masi had ultimate power to modify the regulations however he deemed necessary, he could've red flagged the race. That would've gotten rid of all backmarkers between Max and Ham, allowed Mercedes to change tires without sacrificing grid position and provided the 1 or 2 lap showdown for the title so many people were after considering they didn't like how HAM/Mercedes dominated the first 99% of the race.
That I agree. However, there's sufficient gap (I recall) between HAM and VER when SC deployed. That's a gamble or "educated guess" to stay out.

I wouldn't call FIA race fixing and corruption. But the circumstances had forced Michael Masi to crack under pressure. And of course both camps lobbying him does not help the situation. (I'm sure next season there will be a liaison to filter out some radio messages)

As for the Red Flag, we already had too many in Saudi Arabia.
But in seriousness, I understand why there won't be one. As Masi said before the race, (I'm sure unless its serious), crash at that corner won't warrant a Red Flag situation.

One conclusion for sure, we need a new Race Director.
But not sure how the power shift in FIA president election will play.
      12-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #1241
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Shame...does sounds like FIA doesn't want to be responsible of their own incapability.
Will Masi be a scapegoat?

12-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #1242
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
He wouldn't have hit the wall if he hit his brakes. He had the stronger pace that day so he probably could've taken first place back at some point or worse case finish 2nd and not have to act a fool in Brazil and Qatar.
And HAM doesn't have brakes ? Or just dirty tricks !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61571.00
DrFerry6734.50
      12-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #1243
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
They would be investigated also, that rear wing of theirs didn't have an extra test that Fia said they'd do b/c it was too late in the season.

Appreciate 3
M5Rick61571.00
DrFerry6734.50
      12-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #1244
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

If it ain't Dutch it ain't much.

Dank naar al mijn medestaanders!

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 02:01 PM   #1245
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

It's taking too long to start the livestream.

Prolly Toto complaining...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 02:06 PM   #1246
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF. E70

I know it as..."if you are dutch you ain't much"

Works for me. Cheers
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 02:10 PM   #1247
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF. E70

The best thing to ever come out of the Netherlands.
Attached Images

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #1248
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/16/...TyMgN7deQNAFXE
      12-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #1249
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
It's taking too long to start the livestream.

Prolly Toto complaining...

Cheers
Robin
I think so too heheh
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2021, 02:41 PM   #1250
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Traditional gravel trap and his race would have been done.

I have read an article suggesting there should be virtual electronic gravel traps at the new tracks with these paved runoffs. Once you go in designated area car power is cut(or reduced) until you are out of virtual gravel trap. Less judgement calls for stewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Now I like this idea!!! Kinda the same as a gravel trap without the worries of getting stuck and bringing out a safety car.
They have the technology with the virtual safety cars. They could use the same tech for regulating track limit abusers. Instead of car destroying curbs.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #1251
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61571.00
      12-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #1252
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I’ve said this before, allow the team principles to request to speak, so effectively putting their hand up in a classroom. The race director can then decide when they want to speak to them. At least the race director can gather their thoughts firsts and not be distracted.

As it is now it’s more lobbying and that just isn’t allowed in most sports. Some of that has to fall at Masi door though. Can you imagine people giving Ross Brawn the same shit for example, nope neither can I.

Replace him with someone else and just get him to do track safety or something.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 04:07 PM   #1253
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Bottas will be sacrificed one last time by Mercedes at the Gala.
Rest of Merc will not attend any press discussions.
Pure class.
I expect Bottas may have more fun at this Gala than the previous 5 without Hammy and Toto.
The proverbial 'Racing Gods' are ruthless: during the FIA press conference tonight (interview with Max Verstappen, Christian Horner and Jean Todt) it was announced that Valtteri Bottas was stuck at the airport with a delayed flight. So no Toto Wolff (intentional no show), no Sir Lewis Hamilton (intentional no show) and (temporary) no Valtteri Bottas (accidental no show).

To be dubbed the "Greatest Of All Time" and an inspiration to many worldwide, you should also act graceful and sportsmanslike in times of adversity. A true winner can handle a tough loss and allow a rival his/her place under the sun and his/her round of applause, even if it hurts hard.

Sir Lewis Hamilton could have taken the opportunity to express in a composed way his disappointment and disagreement during the FIA celebration event. On the contrary, by bluntly refusing to attend the FIA celebration event he made the same statement that featured on the back of his pullover last week in Abu Dhabi. Sir Lewis Hamilton is a living F1 legend and role model, but disappointed tonight by tarnishing his "Still I Rise" motto. Looks as if he still needs to rise to handle the adversity of losing a world driver championship title. Appeal was withdrawn - the classification is final - deal with it, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Mind games: Hamilton's pullover earlier today at Abu Dhabi:

Bubbles2755.00
      12-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #1254
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

Hadn't been on here in a bit, was wondering how wild this thread was going to be...

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 4
3798j11633.50
minn1914078.00
wdb4761.00