dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
I'm not married, so not really.
I would say you're placing too much weight on the correlation of the "not married" and "not stupid". Being stupid can in fact be the reason for being not married.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #9440
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I had a girl who identifies as a cat message me on one of the apps. She's not bad looking, but that is a level of crazy I'm not prepared for.
Appreciate 3
      06-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #9441
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I had a girl who identifies as a cat message me on one of the apps. She's not bad looking, but that is a level of crazy I'm not prepared for.
I wonder if she likes it doggy style then? Only one way to find out
Appreciate 5
      06-14-2021, 05:07 PM   #9442
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Yep...nope!
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2021, 05:07 PM   #9443
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Did you ever got refused because you are remodelled?
As a guy, I can say that I don't have a problem with "modifications", especially if they aren't way overdone. It's obvious from profiles which women have gotten carried away and it has turned into a mental health issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 10:23 PM   #9444
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I would say you're placing too much weight on the correlation of the "not married" and "not stupid". Being stupid can in fact be the reason for being not married.
There is no benefit to a man getting married outside of raising a family.

I don't have to deal with child support, alimony, divorce etc.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-14-2021, 10:34 PM   #9445
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Did you get a vasectomy? Birth control is not 100% you know, so I'd say if not you could still be on the hook for child support. The rest, yes, you wouldn't deal with that.

I take it you've decided kids are not for you? No shame in that, just as long as you figure it out before it's too late.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 11:02 PM   #9446
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Did you get a vasectomy? Birth control is not 100% you know, so I'd say if not you could still be on the hook for child support. The rest, yes, you wouldn't deal with that.

I take it you've decided kids are not for you? No shame in that, just as long as you figure it out before it's too late.
Yes, I am snipped and I get myself checked out every year to be sure that I am shooting blanks. I don't share this information with any of the women I sleep with though. I have lost count how many times women have tried to "trap" me into a relationship by claiming that they are bearing my children. The look on their faces when they see my papers of being sterile is priceless.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Joekerr7926.00
      06-14-2021, 11:37 PM   #9447
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Yes, I am snipped and I get myself checked out every year to be sure that I am shooting blanks. I don't share this information with any of the women I sleep with though. I have lost count how many times women have tried to "trap" me into a relationship by claiming that they are bearing my children. The look on their faces when they see my papers of being sterile is priceless.
I'm snipped as well (…and I have no kids). It's the best feeling to be worry free.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #9448
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

I have to agree with this and say it often. In today's society, marriage is a dated ideology that died with the American Dream, something, something, something....and included white picket fences. Marriage doesn't seem like such a big deal considering the whole 'til death do us part....or until I pay an attorney. Marriage is gambling that you will bet half your stuff based on the hopes that your significant other upholds their end of the bargain. Shiiiid, I don't trust what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Slightly jaded on this topic as I learned the hard way. Child support, the divorce and all legal nuances, associated with my freedom are finally paid off and the entire ordeal(s), it took me twice to realize how dumb I am, are over.

My only disagreement with this post is that it isn't an advantage to a woman either....unless, family.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #9449
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
My Maureen, youve enhanced yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #9450
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm snipped as well (…and I have no kids). It's the best feeling to be worry free.
Im thinking that might just be my 40th birthday present to myself. I hold off just in case I came a woman came along that convinced me otherwise but Im thinking I can just be happy with a puppy, motorcycles and an early retirement in Italy.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      06-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #9451
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
I bet you sleep so good without getting kicked in the face
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
UncleWede17881.50
      06-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #9452
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I have to agree with this and say it often. In today's society, marriage is a dated ideology that died with the American Dream, something, something, something....and included white picket fences. Marriage doesn't seem like such a big deal considering the whole 'til death do us part....or until I pay an attorney. Marriage is gambling that you will bet half your stuff based on the hopes that your significant other upholds their end of the bargain. Shiiiid, I don't trust what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Slightly jaded on this topic as I learned the hard way. Child support, the divorce and all legal nuances, associated with my freedom are finally paid off and the entire ordeal(s), it took me twice to realize how dumb I am, are over.

My only disagreement with this post is that it isn't an advantage to a woman either....unless, family.
I agree with most of your post except the last statement. It's well known that women get the upper hand in family law court. The system provides huge incentives for women to behave badly during divorce proceedings particularly when it comes to matters around children. The majority of physical custody decisions go towards the woman. Child support is calculated based on income and more times than not is a detriment to the father. Between not having 50/50 custody by default and a substantial chunk of money being transferred to the mother, fathers get screwed big time. Until family law changes which means having custody decisions start at 50/50 along with auditing of child support costs in determining the actual needs for the child/children being taken care of, men will continue to get screwed. With the above said, there is no incentive for women to behave in a civil manner during a divorce.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #9453
IftiBashir
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Quote:
Im tempted, but scared of the process!!!

3 kids.
No plans at all for any more (Im 40 now!).

Tempted to go for the snip.....
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      06-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #9454
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I agree with most of your post except the last statement. It's well known that women get the upper hand in family law court. The system provides huge incentives for women to behave badly during divorce proceedings particularly when it comes to matters around children. The majority of physical custody decisions go towards the woman. Child support is calculated based on income and more times than not is a detriment to the father. Between not having 50/50 custody by default and a substantial chunk of money being transferred to the mother, fathers get screwed big time. Until family law changes which means having custody decisions start at 50/50 along with auditing of child support costs in determining the actual needs for the child/children being taken care of, men will continue to get screwed. With the above said, there is no incentive for women to behave in a civil manner during a divorce.
Just identify as a female. Problem solved.
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #9455
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Just identify as a female. Problem solved.
Pretty much spot on. I recall a guy trying this in a divorce case. I have to see if I can pull up any news articles on this.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #9456
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I don't disagree with you....but my statement wasn't in regard to how women behave during a divorce. My statement was to call attention to the fact that it isn't beneficial to women to get married, unless building a family, just as it is advantageous for men to get married. I feel like I covered the divorce part with my next to last statement. Trust me, I know all too well how the same person who vowed to honor and cherish, suddenly turns into Black Friday shopping Karens in Wal-Mart if they think they're going to get something out of it.

Unless you are stating that the advantage to a woman getting married lies in the divorce....and for that, I suppose you would be spot on. Sorry, your point hit me after I hit the submit button, had to come back to edit.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #9457
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I don't disagree with you....but my statement wasn't in regard to how women behave during a divorce. My statement was to call attention to the fact that it isn't beneficial to women to get married, unless building a family, just as it is advantageous for men to get married. I feel like I covered the divorce part with my next to last statement. Trust me, I know all too well how the same person who vowed to honor and cherish, suddenly turns into Black Friday shopping Karens in Wal-Mart if they think they're going to get something out of it.

Unless you are stating that the advantage to a woman getting married lies in the divorce....and for that, I suppose you would be spot on. Sorry, your point hit me after I hit the submit button, had to come back to edit.
Yes. Whether children are involved or not, women have the advantage in a marriage if divorce enters the picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:09 AM   #9458
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
Quote:
Im tempted, but scared of the process!!!

3 kids.
No plans at all for any more (Im 40 now!).

Tempted to go for the snip.....
It truly is the easiest 15-20 minute out patient surgery. I listened to an iPod playlist and read a bike magazine during that wonderful moment in 2008. Don't fear the testicular reaper.

<cue Blue Oyster Cult and cowbell>
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
Joekerr7926.00
      06-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #9459
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Quote:
I bet you sleep so good without getting kicked in the face
Hahaha! Your face (…and lips) seem to be holding up well. <hugs>
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:15 AM   #9460
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Quote:
Im thinking that might just be my 40th birthday present to myself. I hold off just in case I came a woman came along that convinced me otherwise but Im thinking I can just be happy with a puppy, motorcycles and an early retirement in Italy.
Look at it this way, you can still do in-vitro or you can always have it reversed. There are also multiple types of vasectomy procedures. Some clamp/block the vas deferens temporarily; mine was the permanent suture/cut/cauterize vasectomy. There are options for you.
Appreciate 0