Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

2005 BMW E46 M3 Competition - Interlagos Blue - Big 3 Done - $38,000

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 38,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
For sale is my 2005 E46 M3 Competition in Interlagos Blue with Black Interior + Additional OEM+ Goodies. I will sell the car on a first come, first serve basis and will accept cashier's check at a bank. You will also get all the original manuals, 2 keys and a booklet of service records from Owners #2 and #3. The previous owner and myself have them digitally. I have the Clean California Title in hand. Open to offers that include moving very quickly (sale before end of year), worst I say is no.

The car priced to you is $42,000 which is sufficient with the modifications, Big 3 being done and amazing spec assuming 9/10 cosmetic condition. That being said, I am discounting it in the following way for the cosmetic deficiencies - all of these have quotes from reputable shops including labor:

(-) 2,000 - Rear Quarter Panel and Front Left Fender Re-Spray and other touch-ups (full body repaint is around $6k)
(-) 500 - Upgraded Underside Belly Pan and Fender Liner (not necessary but good for longevity)
(-) 500 - Headliner sagging in the rear a little (can be done very easily and for much cheaper)
(-) 1000 - Small windshield crack (can be filled but quoting full replacement)
= $38,000 Final Price

I have some price flexibility if you can move quickly (have a e92 M3 I'm looking to pick up), but will not trade thousands of dollars if I have other interested parties.

Full story below:

I bought the car at 98k miles and have put on the last 7k of miles - car is now sitting at 105.3k. The Big Three were all done in the past 15k miles. VANOS and Rod Bearings done at BRRacing by the owner before me and the Subframe Reinforcement was done at Performance Technic in Fremont under my ownership. The car also had a full suspension refresh at Performance Technic when the subframe was done with new bushings, motor mounts, and a brand new Bilstein PSS9 Coilover system. I can provide service records as needed. The car also does regular inspections and service at Silicon Valley Bimmer and BavPros in Berkeley. SVBimmer did an inspection most recently and noted the Underside Belly Pan and Fender Liner as the only worn items which I have discounted the price for.

The car also comes with a SuperSprint muffler (sounds great and no drone; will include stock exhaust), brand new Alcantara interior trim including shift knob and boot and a brand new Alcantara Steering Wheel. The car also comes with APEX Arc-8 wheels in a square set-up (wrapped in brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires) in addition to the stock CSL wheels. It is an original 6-speed manual car that has a AutoSolutions short-shifter kit installed professionally - one of the best modifications for this car. It also has a hardwired radar detector (easy to remove), wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and a reverse camera with an upgraded amplifier (really impressive sound system for a 20 year old car). I previously had Recaro Sportser CS seats installed and so have coded out the airbag light functionality, if you want to remove the light, it is a simple coding fix.

More recent maintenance includes brand new brake rotors, parking brake shoes replacement, full transmission flush, standard oil/filter/fluids change and stainless steel brake lines ($3,200 service earlier this year at BavPros)

The previous owner put in $20k to refresh the car plus preventative maintenance and I've put in another $20k into the car not including the cost to acquire the car - it is just how it goes if you want a mint mechanical condition E46 M3. In any scenario, I will be losing money but rather this car go to someone who will enjoy it and get the odometer to 200k and beyond.

Given the lack of Interlagos Competition E46 M3s on the market, I expect a ton of interest so give me a double text if I don't get back to you.

Ping me on IG @sm7garage

Appreciate 0