BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #133
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Apparently Lewis was also using his old engine today as well: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gpb...-in-qatar.html

Still waiting for Mercs final confirmation, but if that's the case then those rocket ship comments are just straight bs. It also shows you the two max fans boys on here are absolutely clueless (abundantly apparent with everything they say) about what goes on with Mercedes saying Lewis will be using this engine or that engine or reliability etc, they're just letting emotions cloud their judgement. Looks like Mercedes have refined the reliability of the engine for it to always run full beans. This does mean Lewis will have a really fresh engine for the last 2 GP's if he wants.
Unless it's a requirement to release info on your equipment use, why give out that info. Keep em guessing I say.
M8rc upp8r hand r8st of y8ar
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #134
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Unless it's a requirement to release info on your equipment use, why give out that info. Keep em guessing I say.
M8rc upp8r hand r8st of y8ar
That's what I'm saying too, why do teams have to be transparent on what engine they use etc, it's part of the strategy.
      11-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #135
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Apparently Lewis was also using his old engine today as well: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gpb...-in-qatar.html

Still waiting for Mercs final confirmation, but if that's the case then those rocket ship comments are just straight bs. It also shows you the two max fans boys on here are absolutely clueless (abundantly apparent with everything they say) about what goes on with Mercedes saying Lewis will be using this engine or that engine or reliability etc, they're just letting emotions cloud their judgement. Looks like Mercedes have refined the reliability of the engine for it to always run full beans. This does mean Lewis will have a really fresh engine for the last 2 GP's if he wants.
And suddenly HAM's Rocketship straight top speed was less ...Because he ran with the Turkish PU .

Perhaps, there's a very 'good reason why ..
HAM's Brazilian Warp-Speed was worldwide questioned and put under suspicion !

I'm pretty sure that Mercedes has something to hide !
In other words : Mercedes is 'chicken for a FIA investigation regarding the Rocketship top speed .

The rest of your statement is actually BS .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #136
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
And suddenly HAM's Rocketship straight top speed was less ...Because he ran with the Turkish PU .

In other words : Mercedes is 'chicken for a FIA investigation regarding the Rocketship top speed .

When in park ferme the 12 should be torn apart by the stewards, ex F1 driver Jos is convinced there is no magic wand that can make the wolfmobile suddenly go that quick.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #137
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 2
F87source7251.50
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #138
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #139
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

LEC SUCKED TODAY, the motivational speeches definitely aren't working

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60060.50
      11-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #140
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Lol more conspiracy garbage without any backing. In reality mercedes likely wants to save that engine for the final two races so they can have that power and relability when needed.

It's only BS because you can't think logically, if something doesn't suit your world view you think there must be some dubious forces influencing the outcome to be like that - it couldn't possible be that your view point is wrong. i.e. redbull not being able to keep up is because of mercedes cheating, and not because finally mercedes have solved their reliability and setup woes. Look at Lewis's last corners in the qualifying lap, merc finally dialed in the w12 where it could hook up each corner flat out.
Steeler2428.50
tdott3942.50
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 02:57 PM   #141
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post

That sucked to see leclerc not make q3, same as checo.
      11-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #142
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

''I will now adapt my driving to the conditions following this outcome'' oui oui
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #143
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Lol more conspiracy garbage without any backing. In reality mercedes likely wants to save that engine for the final two races so they can have that power and relability when needed.

It's only BS because you can't think logically, if something doesn't suit your world view you think there must be some dubious forces influencing the outcome to be like that - it couldn't possible be that your view point is wrong. i.e. redbull not being able to keep up is because of mercedes cheating, and not because finally mercedes have solved their reliability and setup woes. Look at Lewis's last corners in the qualifying lap, merc finally dialed in the w12 where it could hook up each corner flat out.
It's not just us lol more drivers and ex f1 drivers are saying it's impossible the 12 can go so much quicker with the allowed updates.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #144
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
When in park ferme the 12 should be torn apart by the stewards, ex F1 driver Jos is convinced there is no magic wand that can make the wolfmobile suddenly go that quick.
Lol of course he would say that, his son is in a close title fight and he is also an extremely emotional and impulsive guy.

Also if you want to pull quote two can play that game.

Maxfia?

1) Vettel suspects yellow flag was withdrawn at end of Q3 “because Max was coming”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/20/...ax-was-coming/

2) Ex-F1 drriver questions why Verstappen wasn't penalized.
https://racingnews365.com/ex-f1-driv...asnt-penalised

3) RB allowed to fix rear wing in parc ferme over flappy issues but not mercededs?

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/99375...overnight.html

This is a common technique used to shape a narrative like it is factual and concrete, but all it is looking for a snippet or quote from an article and pulling it extremely out of context to suit a narrative. It is a dirty tactic used by people unable to get real factual data and want a fast way to attempt and prove their narrative. In this case the two max supporters trying to prove their unfounded conspiracies, because you can't prove conspiracy with fact you have no choice but to pull quote.
Steeler2428.50
Hulk Smash1029.00
inTgr8r2431.50
________4158.50
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #145
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It's not just us lol more drivers and ex f1 drivers are saying it's impossible the 12 can go so much quicker with the allowed updates.
I don't expect any of them who is not an engineer to understand the nuiances of what makes a car go faster, may mercedes have released an update package not visible, maybe they dialed in setup to really attack the corners as you can see in the last few corners of the quali (you didn't even believe in the power of understanding a car earlier this year), maybe they tackled reliability of their pu and can run it full power.

Remember occam's razor, the simplest explaination is likely to be the correct one - and circumventing fia inspection and going behind the back of every single inspection to make illegal mods is much harder to explain and justify vs. solving an engine issue that they have been trying to fix since winter testing, and progressing car setup.
      11-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #146
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The Wolf => HAM's Rocketship rear wing was just damaged that's why he was 30 km/h faster on the straights .
He said also: MAX damaged the wing by touching it !

HAM => It looked like I pulled my steering wheel forwards ,I got wear on my steering column . I wasn't happy with that , that's why It's been replaced and back to normal .

LMFAO

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-20-2021 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #147
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

[QUOTE=M5Rick;28274250]
Quote:
Such a BS as usual ...

*Dr.Marko has said that the turn 4 off has been blown out of all proportion by Wolf probably in an attempt to cover up to a certain extent the 12 bendy wing controversy.
BTW dingnut marko has a phd in law apparantly, so if any of your garbage conspiracies are true he would be the prime candidate to launch a law suit - seeing he has engineers to help confirm if anything is fact or fiction in terms of mercedes and their controversial parts. But since he hasn't done a single thing that should be confimration that nothing you guys say has any real weight to it.
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #148
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The Wolf => HAM's Rocketship rear wing was just damaged that's why he was 30 km/h faster on the straights .
He said also: MAX damaged the wing by touching it !

HAM => It looked like I pulled my steering wheel forwards ,I got wear on my steering column . I wasn't happy with that , that's why It's been replaced and back to normal .

LMFAO
Wolff isn't going to out right say why the w12 is so fast, but like I said before innocent until proven guilty - anything else is just defamatory against the w12 and mercedes.

BTW mercedes have been pioneering engine tech in the turbo hybrid era since the start, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to fix relaibility issues of their pu and now are able to use the upgrades they made to their engine for this season to its full potential. Don't forget you are the one who made micro crack and engine gernading jokes about the w12. So logically if they fixed said issue they can go full out.
      11-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #149
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Next look at the side by side qualifying laps:

1) You notice lewis in the last few corners at times has to lift off the throttle but to a lesser degree than verstappen, and he is able to get back onto the throttle faster than verstappen.

2) You also notice when lewis brakes he also brakes less than verstappen.

This shows you the w12 handles high speed corners better than the rb16b, so it isn't all straight line speed like you guys keep saying it is....
Steeler2428.50
inTgr8r2431.50
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #150
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

It's back to normal , as you can see !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-20-2021, 04:20 PM   #151
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Apparently leclercs chassis was cracked, could be why he was so slow today.
      11-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #152
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Negative mate !
The stewards admitted they were wrong ...

But you would love that MAX was/is in trouble . Isn't it ?
Of course... it's the MaxFIA !!
It was posted on Twitter by the waiter, that served the stewards their lunch.
He overheard the whole discussion.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      11-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #153
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Apparently leclercs chassis was cracked, could be why he was so slow today.
For real? I haven't seen that.

LEC needs to pick it up as SAI seems to be getting more comfortable in the Ferrari. But, I like both so it doesn't really matter I guess
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      11-20-2021, 04:36 PM   #154
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Anybody see MKSixer yet?

Figured me poking fun at 1ewis earlier this week would bring him out of hiding

Waiting on him too. PM'ed him NOV 8 & 9th and no response yet. He was on the forums NOV 17th.
Appreciate 2