BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

01-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
e79x
Rep
Drives: m3 race car

'05 m3 dsc help please

hey guys--this is adam writing-- i recently got an alignment done on my car (completely unneeded)-- and now the dsc/traction control activates during spirited driving--i.e. cornering-- previously my car would take these same corners at the same speed no problem -- the tires haven't changed and the tire pressure is even on all 4 tires and set to oe spec

does the computer need to be reset--recalibrated---? are the camber/toe settings off--? plz help@!
      01-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
dgraham1023
Rep
Drives: E46, E36

Hey Adam, it is possible that the steering angle sensor needs to be recalibrated. If the front toe had to be adjusted, then this would explain your current problem. This is the only reason I can think of for the dsc light coming on after an alignment, unless it is completely unrelated and just so happened now. I would take it back to the dealer (if that is where you had it done) and have them check faults. Hope this helps, Dave.
Appreciate 0