eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Do G20 M340i brakes fit?

Has anyone tried retrofitting the G20 M340i brakes on an E46 M3? Do they fit? This isn't something I'm necessarily looking to do, but at some point down the road I'd love the look (yeah, I said it...I don't track the car so it would be primarily for aesthetics) of a BBK. So I'd be curious to see if these would be a viable option.

Photos of my vehicles for attention:

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 10:00 PM   #2
hAxel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition, 2002 M3

Is there a reason you're looking at the M340i brakes? I'm sure it's possible, but I doubt they'd mount up without some adapters and I don't know if anyone makes them. I have the Freaky Parts(https://freakyparts.co.uk) kit with the E9x M3 360mm front disc and RenaultSport Megane Brembo calipers on the front and Porsche 996 calipers and CSL rotors on the rear.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2024, 11:29 AM   #3
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hAxel View Post
Is there a reason you're looking at the M340i brakes? I'm sure it's possible, but I doubt they'd mount up without some adapters and I don't know if anyone makes them. I have the Freaky Parts(https://freakyparts.co.uk) kit with the E9x M3 360mm front disc and RenaultSport Megane Brembo calipers on the front and Porsche 996 calipers and CSL rotors on the rear.
No specific reason other than owning one and wondering how they'd look/perform on my other car.

Thanks for the info, will definitely check that kit out!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 12:16 PM   #4
hAxel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition, 2002 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
No specific reason other than owning one and wondering how they'd look/perform on my other car.

Thanks for the info, will definitely check that kit out!
I've been pretty happy with it so far, the car had the set up on it when I bought it. I'm not sure if I would have went with the E9x rotor set up on the front. FreakyParts has a kit to use the CSL rotors in the front, it's cheaper and probably enough. I have wondered if my brake bias is a bit too much to the front with the current setup, It's nothing I've experienced, just from reading on forums. I haven't gotten it to the track yet, but I'm not sure I'm at a skill level to notice any issues with brake bias at this point anyway.

If you have questions about the kit let me know.
Appreciate 1