08-27-2022, 04:26 PM   #133
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
More than 100 new houses per week does not equate to 100 EV Chargers per week. Not even close!
There are presently approx. 950,000 chargers in California. The bulk of that, say 900,000, installed in the last 10 years. That’s 1,730 per week. Say I’m off. It’s actually evenly over 20 years. That’s still over 900 chargers per week.

I’m not understanding the hesitancy to look at the numbers.

And if there’s a law that every new home must have solar, storage and charger, that’s that.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #134
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
More than 100 new houses per week does not equate to 100 EV Chargers per week. Not even close!
There are presently approx. 950,000 chargers in California. The bulk of that, say 900,000, installed in the last 10 years. That’s 1,730 per week. Say I’m off. It’s actually evenly over 20 years. That’s still over 900 chargers per week.

I’m not understanding the hesitancy to look at the numbers.

And if there’s a law that every new home must have solar, storage and charger, that’s that.
Cali🤡🤡
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 04:55 AM   #135
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
I need less government in my life.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17586.00
      08-28-2022, 08:19 AM   #136
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Cali🤡🤡
California will save the planet. Heard it from a good source...
Teddy Ruxpin? 🤪😜
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17384.00
Torgus3781.50
      08-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #137
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterBanks View Post
"California gas car ban will apply to Virginia, too, due to 2021 law
Former Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam signed law to follow California's lead on emissions standards in 2021."

"Despite having a Republican governor, Virginia is on track to adopt the new Californian restrictions on the sale of gas-powered vehicles."

"The California Air Resources Board issued the rule and held a final hearing this week requiring all new cars sold after 2035 to be electric. According to the same plan, 35% of cars sold in the state should be fossil-fuel free as soon as 2026.

Virginia will follow California due to a 2021 law signed by former Gov. Ralph Northam that tied Virginia to the Golden State's emissions regulations."

"In 2021, Governor Northam and the far-left controlled General Assembly signed a law that binds Virginia to California's emission vehicle regulations, which, among other things, bans the sale of gas-powered cars in Virginia by 2035," a spokesperson for Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares' office said in a statement to Fox 5 DC.

The spokesperson added, "The Attorney General is hopeful that the General Assembly repeals this law and discontinues any trend that makes Virginia more like California. Unelected California bureaucrats should not be dictating the will of Virginians."

Other states like Washington and Massachusetts likewise follow California's emissions rules."

Governor "Black Face" strikes again!

from Fox Business, https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ue-to-2021-law
> Tries to appear intelligent and argue a point
> References Fox News with articles that have the phrase "far-left"

These jokes write themselves, I guess.

Looks like California toeing the line while trying to be the catalyst for change has already had the intended effect on other sane states.
      08-29-2022, 11:10 AM   #138
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
He probably wont need to. My friend has a Tesla Model S from 2015 with over 100k miles that has 85% of its original capacity. There probably will be junkyard batteries and installers at some point, though.
imagine a small fire in the Battery pack storage warehouse that's unrelated to the batteries themselves
4th of July in December
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #139
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
imagine a small fire in the Battery pack storage warehouse that's unrelated to the batteries themselves
4th of July in December
There will undoubtedly be regulations and equipment to help store them safely. Still, they will burn but not explode, so we won’t have another Lebanon or fertilizer situation.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 11:24 AM   #140
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
4th of July in December
Do you mean like the 4th of July’s we get at refineries now and then? There was in Richmond not too long ago. And before that one in the Houston metro area. I don’t keep count. Just from memory.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:57 PM   #141
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Just to let you know. FOX 5 DC is not the Fox News Channel. Just relax a little.
it wasnt even Fox's statement that said far-left lol. it was the virgina attorney general's office.

some people cant quite comprehend that regardless of publishing website, you can still read the facts and statements in the article, and unless they are flat out making shit up, its accurate.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17384.00
      08-29-2022, 03:46 PM   #142
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yup, WMAL had the VA Attorney General on this morning stating the new Administration will work to get the CA emissions legislation statute repealed.
The real question is, assuming it goes into effect in the EU and CA as stated, will any car manufacturers sell ICE in volume to the other 38 states or whatever the number ends up being - and will it be a car anyone actually wants?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:05 PM   #143
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just to let you know. FOX 5 DC is not the Fox News Channel. Just relax a little.
Uhh, both Fox 5 DC and Fox Business (linked in the same comment) are subsidiaries of Fox Corp/Fox Broadcasting/Murdoch. While not opinion sites, I'm sure they're premium news sources. Shocking that the same companies that deny climate change and the need for EVs also reference far-left quotes. All commented by a guy making black-face remarks about an idiotic politician who no longer has control over anything.

Quote:
The real question is, assuming it goes into effect in the EU and CA as stated, will any car manufacturers sell ICE in volume to the other 38 states or whatever the number ends up being - and will it be a car anyone actually wants?
This is exactly what Cali wants. Being cutting edge is only necessary until everyone else leans in. Then it's business as usual, and Cali knows it has weight to throw around.

Last edited by Equilibrandt; 08-29-2022 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #144
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^
After cutting through all the magazine stats and Silicon Valley is uber loaded talk, isn't California actually broke? Maybe someone can clear this up but leveraged in mountains of bonds etc supposedly has the state in a serious pinch.

Anyway. Who would you think drools over these icey ban discussions?
Elon?

This weekend:

"Realistically, I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble," the Tesla CEO told reporters at a conference Stavanger, Norway.

"One of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced is the transition to sustainable energy and to a sustainable economy," he continued. "That will take some decades to complete."

DeCaprio yelled "BULLSHIT ELON" while flying in his penthouse when he read this.
Cos270608.50
      08-29-2022, 05:33 PM   #145
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
After cutting through all the magazine stats and Silicon Valley is uber loaded talk, isn't California actually broke? Maybe someone can clear this up but leveraged in mountains of bonds etc supposedly has the state in a serious pinch.

Elon?

This weekend:

"Realistically, I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble," the Tesla CEO told reporters at a conference Stavanger, Norway.

"One of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced is the transition to sustainable energy and to a sustainable economy," he continued. "That will take some decades to complete."

DeCaprio yelled "BULLSHIT ELON" while flying in his penthouse when he read this.
California just had a $98 billion budget surplus...

Elon has to pander to his new fans as well you know, he still needs his handouts from the red states. Not that what he said is completely wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #146
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
^

Elon?

This weekend:

Nearly $100 billion in surplus.
California produces nearly 13% of the entire US's agricultural yield, being the 5th-largest producer in the entire world.

What planet are you on?

Edit: Oh, Texas.
RM72896.00
      08-29-2022, 05:43 PM   #147
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Quote:
^

Elon?

This weekend:

California produces nearly 13% of the entire US's agricultural yield, being the 5th-largest producer in the entire world.

What planet are you on?

Ok. So build a few condos for those poor homeless peeps for god sake. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #148
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Ok. So build a few condos for those poor homeless peeps for god sake. Lol
I have three college friends who work for companies that build affordable housing in the SoCal area on grants. Trust me, parts of California are trying.

In case you're curious: the absolute, undisputed place where homelessness is the worst, imo? Las Vegas. Good god, Nevada. It's like a cardboard favela around there.
      08-29-2022, 05:55 PM   #149
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

What planet are you on?

I asked a simple question.
It was the piling on massive footprint Leo, wasn't it.

I read Ozzy Osborne is outta there. He said because of violence in America...and it is, but previously he said California taxes were the reason they're going back to England.

Musk is pandering? Verrrrrry interesting.
      08-29-2022, 05:58 PM   #150
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:
I have three college friends who work for companies that build affordable housing in the SoCal area on grants. Trust me, parts of California are trying.

In case you're curious: the absolute, undisputed place where homelessness is the worst, imo? Las Vegas. Good god, Nevada. It's like a cardboard favela around there.
Las Vegas may be heavy in homeless population as far as the city itself, but California rules the land. California has 161,548 homeless compared to Nevada's 6,900.

California has 70,000 more homeless than the next state, New York.

Sources:

https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1300&fn[]=2900&fn[]=6400&fn[]=10200&fn[]=13400

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ation-by-state

Last edited by T0RM3NT; 08-29-2022 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Added Sources
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:00 PM   #151
Max Caviar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC Tanzanite Blue

Get real - - Vegas? Check Kensington Ave., Philla for a reference point (
). Of course Cali blows. Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield all damn close to Philla. I live in an opulent area thankfully. I'm a PA redneck but was able to work my way out of the trash heap.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:12 PM   #152
Max Caviar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC Tanzanite Blue

that exodus u speak of commenced a while ago. marxist dolts gutted the greatness of CA long ago. oh but keep waiving that bear flag - - Mao would approve.

Quote:
The small percentage of people that care about old cars will not cause some mass exodus.

I'm not convinced it will happen anyway, but a 440i is the hill you're gonna die on?
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2022, 06:14 PM   #153
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
Las Vegas may be heavy in homeless population as far as the city itself, but California rules the land. California has 161,548 homeless compared to Nevada's 6,900.

161,548 homeless in a population of 39,450,000 = 0.4095% of the population.
6,900 homeless in a population of 3,030,000 = 0.2277% of the population.

Looks like I have pretty similar chances of being homeless (unhoused?) in both states.

We're really wandering from the whole initial argument. Lets buy Model Ys for all the homeless in both states.

Last edited by Equilibrandt; 08-29-2022 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3709.00
      08-29-2022, 10:01 PM   #154
TTM0TION
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto ZCP

Did I read in this thread cali is a sane state ?!?!? Holy shit that’s a first. My state, NY, is second only to cali in the clown Olympics. LOL.
Germanauto9729.50
swanson733.00