BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Engine / Transmission / Exhaust / Drivetrain

11-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
Mishamasini
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

Hey guys, so I am interested in getting an m3. I already have a e64 m6 convertible well maintained and only 30,000k miles on it. I don't really have a problem with the smg. I have figured out a way to drive it and it be smooth and not jerky. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a tune for the smg on the e46 to get quicker shifts? And I will post some of the photos of the m3 I am thing of buying below. Thanks again for anyone help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
PA_335
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishamasini View Post
Hey guys, so I am interested in getting an m3. I already have a e64 m6 convertible well maintained and only 30,000k miles on it. I don't really have a problem with the smg. I have figured out a way to drive it and it be smooth and not jerky. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a tune for the smg on the e46 to get quicker shifts? And I will post some of the photos of the m3 I am thing of buying below. Thanks again for anyone help.
The Build Journal B-Spec tune has some options for SMG and I would think the tune itself will help with what you want. On sale now! (Not affiliated in any way)

https://thebuildjournal.com/shop/bmw...3-tune-b-spec/

SMG only options:
CSL SMG Shifting / Rev Matching (Recommended)
SMG Inertia Update (Recommended)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
Mishamasini
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

Smg tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_335 View Post
Quote:
The Build Journal B-Spec tune has some options for SMG and I would think the tune itself will help with what you want. On sale now! (Not affiliated in any way)

SMG only options:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_335 View Post
Quote:

SMG only options:

Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0