Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 01 LSB e46 M3

*SOLD*01 LSB 6speed 158k miles Big 3 Complete

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
*SOLD* Hey All, I have been thinking of listing my 2001 e46 m3 as of late and figured I would post it here. I’m not in a position where I actually need to sell the car, but with my 1 year old here making our family bigger, I have been thinking hard about picking up an f80 M3. This car has been great to me, despite the “higher” mileage it has never left me stranded or had any major issues under my ownership. Carfax report is clean, shows that I am actually the 5th lucky owner, purchasing it in 2012. Purchased at 116k I believe, to this day I'm at 158k ish miles, meaning over 10 years+ of owning it I only added a little over 40k miles, not driven much.

Since I have owned the car, it has never been a daily for me. I bought it as a secondary fun weekend car, and it remains in that position to this day, always garaged. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible, this is definitely a driven car, but well maintained. Happy to send video clips of it firing up and running if needed. Regular oil changes using oem full synthetic BMW M motor oil, valve adjustment I performed myself, power steering hose replaced by myself due to it leaking, interior upgrades here and there as needed (although I haven’t completed it as there are some items I would probably take care of next) and most importantly the big 3 have been taken care of courtesy of EAS in Anaheim last year in September.

Interior and Trim Upgrades
-New headlight replacement lenses
-Steering wheel non OEM (AZ Autowheel better than OEM in my opinion anyway)
-Center console dash trim
-New side mirror lenses
-New shift knob and leather boot
-New center console plastic trim around the switches
-Avin Avant headset upgrade for Apple Carplay (works well but software has issues, some minor bugs here and there, out of my control)
-Rearview leaking mirror repaired by radarmirror.com
-CF rear diffuser
-Replacement OEM hood vent trim
-Agency Power muffler installed, I do have the OEM exhaust as well in the garage.
-Previous owner has a short shifter installed, not sure what brand. Works great though, nice short throws.

In 2016, I did get rear ended by a careless driver, but it was minor and I had the bumper re painted immediately. All upgrades interior and cosmetic wise I have done were OEM if it made sense.

The paint looks pretty solid for a 20 year old car, could use some touch up on the upper roof trim inserts, but overall pretty solid considering the age and mileage.

Things that need attention
-Driver and passenger seats are worn. Driver side has a noticeable tear where your butt rests from when I first purchased. Personally some recaros would look better I would think and will do if I end up keeping the car. Heated seats do work perfectly
-Some Curb rash on the wheels present since I bought the car, re finishing would be nice to do
-Interior headliner sagging and needs to be re done, specifically on the arm pillars rear and upfront by passenger/driver
-Windshield washer fluid reservoir needs to be replaced as it leaks

Maintenance (besides normal oil changes, tires)
-Brake pad wear sensors replaced
-Power steering hose replaced
-Valve adjustment done @ 118,677
-New Coils and Plugs and power steering hose (performed by me)@ 146,229

Big Three completed @ 156k Miles EAS Anaheim CA, receipt available to verify authenticity of work

-Vanos overhaul
-Rod bearings replaced
-Subframe re inforced
-New rear bushings

-AC Fan belt and drive belt replaced @ 158,223 miles, AC re charged blows cold no leaks. Performed at local dealer.
-Getting brake flushed at dealer this week.
I've never personally tracked the car in my 10 year ownership but I am the 5th owner according to the carfax.

If the car looks interesting feel free to reach out.

feel free to email me at bloung5@gmail.com

I am located in northern Santa Barbara County in CA.

I'm asking 31k, but i am open to offers I have pictures showing the sagging headliner and worn driver's seat as well as curb rash on the wheels. I've enjoyed owning the car, it's been fun but with my daughter and wife i'm thinking of moving onto something newer more modern. Feel free to contact me regarding an offer. I have more pictures available.

Cheers

Attached Images

Last edited by bloung5; 01-14-2023 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:42 PM   #2
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just picked the car up today from the dealer had the following done:

Brakes flushed
Water pump replaced
Upper idle pulley
Coolant

Inspection done: lighting, body, underhood for leaks etc, under vehicle components, brakes and tires. All is well.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:31 AM   #3
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Adding some more pics. note the headliner issue is the rear arms in the back seat area, and the front side arms which can easily be re attached with some headliner adhesive. Clarifying that it is not the entire headliner roof that needs some attention in the future.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:35 AM   #4
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

more pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:37 AM   #5
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

more pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 03:10 PM   #6
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Lowering price to 26k, open to offers ! Thanks

Last edited by bloung5; 12-13-2022 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 12:52 AM   #7
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep

SOLD to an amazing new owner!
Appreciate 0