BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

View Poll Results: Which first car would you get assuming they both cost the same?
2002 M3 22 70.97%
2006 Nissan 350Z Track Edition (Brembo brakes) 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

03-19-2007, 03:17 AM   #23
jezabel69
England
Rep
Drives: M3 - 2006

Garage List
2005 M3 CS  [0.00]
helix, wow i am exhausted after that but it mirrors my opinion earlier in the forum...
bang on chap!!
      03-19-2007, 06:03 AM   #24
Helix
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezabel69 View Post
helix, wow i am exhausted after that but it mirrors my opinion earlier in the forum...
bang on chap!!
Thank you. YOU were exhausted?!!! What about the poor midnight author, let alone alienmeister (if he can bear to read it)?!!! I do so want to keep him alive long enough to appreciate the best in life.

By the way, does the mirroring extend to SMG comments, or are we going to have one of THOSE debates??? Nice looking car - my CS is silver grey (gray?) which also looks great, with bling 19" option (perhaps a mistake - I have 'kerbed' my enthusiasm. Ouch!)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 03:03 AM   #25
jezabel69
England
Rep
Drives: M3 - 2006

Garage List
2005 M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
Thank you. YOU were exhausted?!!! What about the poor midnight author, let alone alienmeister (if he can bear to read it)?!!! I do so want to keep him alive long enough to appreciate the best in life.

By the way, does the mirroring extend to SMG comments, or are we going to have one of THOSE debates??? Nice looking car - my CS is silver grey (gray?) which also looks great, with bling 19" option (perhaps a mistake - I have 'kerbed' my enthusiasm. Ouch!)
sorry m8, three pedals is the best for me unless BMW do come up with a DSG type systems as good as Audi...but it is all down to opinion and driving styles...

the gray is the colour i wanted but i did not want to wait to long and took a pre-spec'd car...
      03-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #26
Helix
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3CS

Blimey - you have to go to the US to find a Brit alter ego! I spent ages deciding colour - these two are both beautiful. What interior?

My wife has a DSG Golf TDi diesel (sadly no flippers) - great except massive 3 sec delay when floor from low speed. Some say it's DSG, others turbolag. How was the Audi? (Sorry, off topic, but then so was most of my sleep-inducing post, I guess.) But why do you rate the DSG much higher than SMG? (see my reply to 'Race with auto' post).
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #27
MthreeWannabe
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven View Post
I think im finally getting old, or have finally matured, because this post makes me mad. and it never would have in years prior. my first car, was a brand new mitshubshi galant. 20 OR 30 GRAND cheaper then what you are talking about and i STILL had the nicest car in my highschool and was known around my school for the car i drove. and i paid for the whole lease payment. 350 bucks a month came out of my hard earned money to pay for that car and everyone thought it was crazy i paid so much money at 16 years old. Now your mommy and daddy are just buying you an m3. its kinda crazy.
my personal opinion is that ANYONE bangs up there very first car AT LEAST a little bit. i had 1 fender bender when i was 16 that was my fault, im sure thats pretty common, and i would learn to drive on something less expensive. now on your SECOND car. i would tell you to go all out and whine and cry to your parents until they spend 60-70 grand on you.
I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to wise up! Money aside this is a kid who doesnt know how to drive and is trying to get behind the wheel of a car w/ ~333 HP. I hope you are a quick learner cause thats a lot of power that can get an inexperienced driver in trouble real quick in more ways than one.
Appreciate 0