cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I’m so excited! It’s the little things that make me happy. My car is so dirty it’s embarrassing. The hand car washes near home are a shitshow. Unless you are first in line when they open, you can’t even get in. Due to weekend obligations, I cant always be there when they open. And I’ve gone 1/2 hour before they open and there are already people ahead of me waiting. I’ve gone weeks without a car wash. I googled looking for hand washes near work, but everyone I found was a quasi hand. It had tracks which I can’t do because of my low profile tires and damage to wheels. I couldn’t even find a mobile service to come to my office.

My brother just gave me info on a place a few miles from my office! He said there are never lines. I can go anytime during the day. Yay! My dirty girl will be clean from now on.

I’m going to go post in the song thread. Ohhh I need a dirty woman. Ohh I need a dirty girl. They keep hanging up.
We had a storm Thursday night after I made this post. I have flowering trees in front of my house. The wind and rain from the storm COVERED my car in little white flower petals. I came out Friday morning and it was ugly. The rain and sap had the petals stuck to the car. There was no one on the road for Good Friday so I figured if I drove really fast, the wind would blow that shit off. It didn’t work. But the cop laughed. Anyway, I went to the hand carwash yesterday morning. I’m all pretty and clean again and another storm is coming through now so I’ll have those damn flower petals stuck to me tomorrow
Buug95917433.50
TSII1978.50
M5Rick60142.00
      04-18-2022, 06:14 PM   #7878
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
That is uncanny. I have the exact same problem down to the time - I wake up with a start and a feeling of panic right before 2 am. 1:48, 1:53, whatever - it's always right before 2. I have to wait till the feeling of dread subsides, and then go back to sleep
It was brutal. It only happened on Sundays although my eyes open the same time every night of the week. I think the anxiety of looking at the clock knowing it was Sunday probably added to it. Self fulfilling kind if thing. And it is always between 1:50 and 2:00 am. Not a minute sooner or later. It’s bizarre you have the same thing going on. I almost didn’t post it. I didn’t think it was relative.
I usually try to be in bed before 12. Maybe it takes exactly 2 hours before the human subconscious realizes what's going on and goes "oh shit!"

Also, I watched Love Is Blind. Utter, irredeemable shit. I'm surprisingly into it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 07:15 PM   #7879
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

I hate hardware stores with a passion. If I need something I have no clue what it's called, where it's located or the logic for wheee it's located. Hate them. Hate home improvement too.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #7880
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

You don`t have any touchless car washes near you? Or you just don't like to use them? They have no tracks, so you don`t have to worry about damaging your wheels. I have probably 2 or 3 at almost every street close to my work and I have a couple close to home too. Some wash better than others.
I get free car washes from work, but I don`t use them because the car wash that they deal with has tracks

Quote:
We had a storm Thursday night after I made this post. I have flowering trees in front of my house. The wind and rain from the storm COVERED my car in little white flower petals. I came out Friday morning and it was ugly. The rain and sap had the petals stuck to the car. There was no one on the road for Good Friday so I figured if I drove really fast, the wind would blow that shit off. It didn’t work. But the cop laughed. Anyway, I went to the hand carwash yesterday morning. I’m all pretty and clean again and another storm is coming through now so I’ll have those damn flower petals stuck to me tomorrow
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-18-2022, 07:59 PM   #7881
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I hate hardware stores with a passion. If I need something I have no clue what it's called, where it's located or the logic for wheee it's located. Hate them. Hate home improvement too.
I take a picture of what I need, or of what I want to do and show the person working in that department of the store and they are usually able to help me.
I needed to change the drain piping under my kitchen sink this past Saturday from two drains to one drain. I took a picture of the piping under the sink and explained to the guy at Rona what I wanted to do. He gave me all the piping I needed plus more I ended up with 2 extra pieces and about 6 extra feet of pipe But I got the job done.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60142.00
      04-19-2022, 12:07 AM   #7882
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

I confess I am deeply sad, but I don’t know if I can be the only one trying to move a relationship forward. Wish it wasn’t just me trying. Wish it would work out forever with who I think is the love of my life. The one I chose…
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2022, 06:17 AM   #7883
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I confess I am deeply sad, but I don’t know if I can be the only one trying to move a relationship forward. Wish it wasn’t just me trying. Wish it would work out forever with who I think is the love of my life. The one I chose…

Sorry Onesie. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.
      04-19-2022, 06:26 AM   #7884
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino GT View Post
You don`t have any touchless car washes near you? Or you just don't like to use them? They have no tracks, so you don`t have to worry about damaging your wheels. I have probably 2 or 3 at almost every street close to my work and I have a couple close to home too. Some wash better than others.
I get free car washes from work, but I don`t use them because the car wash that they deal with has tracks
There are a few hand washes near my house but I can't get there during the week due to their hours. They are so busy on the weekends you need to get there first thing when they open. Weekend mornings aren't always ideal. I did make it a priority to go Sunday morning.

All the car washes near work have tracks. The winter wheels on my 2019 were 20s so I could use the local carwashes, but the winter wheel package on my 2022 are 21s. It boggles my brain what the hell the engineers were thinking when they decided low profile tires would be good for winter - but that's another rant.

My brother just told me about a hand wash wash 10 miles or so away which I will check out this week. I've been looking for a mobile service to come to work but haven't found one. The struggle is real.
      04-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #7885
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I confess I am deeply sad, but I don't know if I can be the only one trying to move a relationship forward. Wish it wasn't just me trying. Wish it would work out forever with who I think is the love of my life. The one I chose…

That's a terrible feeling and hate to hear you're going through this.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      04-19-2022, 08:25 PM   #7886
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
My confession - i get serious Sunday scaries. I’m fine as soon as Monday gets rolling and i start dealing with incoming, but the night before is a killer.

Some people I’ve talked to about this, they self-medicate. I refuse to do that stuff so i just grit my teeth through it
Can I ask what the scaries are of? Is it something specific?
I get this also….details below

Quote:
For about a year I had what I called Sunday night syndrome. I always wake up between 1:50 and 2:00 am. Normally, I just change position and fall back to sleep. For some reason, on Sundays I would change position but not be able to go back to sleep. It drove me batshit crazy. I would toss and turn and ultimately wind up getting out of bed by 3:30 or 4:00 because I knew I wasn't going back to sleep. It made Mondays a bitch being awake from 2:00 am. And then I moved. Life and Sunday nights were good again. Until a few weeks ago, after I mentioned it to someone, it happened the following Sunday night.
This must be more common than not. I get this as well. I love my job and just tend to dwell on things I want to get done more than anything. It used to be payroll playing havoc on me, so after 25 years in the career I told my employees payroll was now being done on Fridays to alleviate the stress on Mondays which is our busiest day at work. It’s been life changing and SOOOOO simple.

I wake up and start thinking about cars that need to be done, paper work that may be late, how I’m going to hire 3 skilled employees etc etc.
I have helped this somewhat by not looking at my phone after 8pm and by no means do I check the time if I do wake up.

Cymyx6go-what does your brain run wild about?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 06:15 AM   #7887
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
EDIT: Things have calmed down a bit but the past few years were a bitch. Everything kept me up. I'm not an anxious person, but my sleep was haunted.

Ghosts appear, and fade away. These lyrics say it all. I'll have to go post in the song thread.

Ironically, I find that if I leave the TV on when I sleep it keeps my brain from running wild. TV off, oh boy....

Men at Work - Overkill.

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implication
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away

Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variations
It nullifies the night
From overkill

Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear
Come back another day

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep

Especially at night
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright
It's just overkill

Last edited by cmyx6go; 04-20-2022 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 4
Dpc2u11503.00
M5Rick60142.00
Tommy-G4490.50
      04-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #7888
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
EDIT: Things have calmed down a bit but the past few years were a bitch. Everything kept me up. I'm not an anxious person, but my sleep was haunted.

Ghosts appear, and fade away. These lyrics say it all. I'll have to go post in the song thread.

Ironically, I find that if I leave the TV on when I sleep it keeps my brain from running wild. TV off, oh boy....

Men at Work - Overkill.

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implication
Of diving in too deep

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variations
It nullifies the night
From overkill

Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear
Come back another day

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep

Especially at night
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright
It's just overkill

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Tommy-G4490.50
vreihen1615333.00
cmyx6go15762.50
Buug95917433.50
      04-20-2022, 10:21 AM   #7889
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Can I ask what the scaries are of? Is it something specific?
I get this also….details below

This must be more common than not. I get this as well. I love my job and just tend to dwell on things I want to get done more than anything. It used to be payroll playing havoc on me, so after 25 years in the career I told my employees payroll was now being done on Fridays to alleviate the stress on Mondays which is our busiest day at work. It’s been life changing and SOOOOO simple.

I wake up and start thinking about cars that need to be done, paper work that may be late, how I’m going to hire 3 skilled employees etc etc.
I have helped this somewhat by not looking at my phone after 8pm and by no means do I check the time if I do wake up.
Somewhat similar to your experience. Sometimes it’s my brain noodling on some decision i have to make, sometimes it’s dread about needing to confront something i really don’t want to have to deal with.
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #7890
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSII View Post
I hate f***ing airport parking garages! Never fails, some lazy a-hole scratches or dents the side of your car. So yeah, I confess I'd like to end someone.
Don't you wish they were still parked next to you when you found your car damaged. Sweet revenge.
      04-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #7891
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Don't you wish they were still parked next to you when you found your car damaged. Sweet revenge.
As lazy and incompetent as they are, they are never that lazy or incompetent. But I too would love that - if I could prove that it was their car that did the damage to mine.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #7892
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I hate f***ing airport parking garages! Never fails, some lazy a-hole scratches or dents the side of your car. So yeah, I confess I'd like to end someone.
I hate people. I've said it before, I go out of my way to find the perfect spot especially at the airport. You know, that end spot that has zebra stripes right next to it so I can go over the line a bit and leave plenty of room between the line and the next car. It never fails that when I return some moron is over my line right on top of me.

Welcome home.
TSII1978.50
vreihen1615333.00
Dpc2u11503.00
M5Rick60142.00
      04-20-2022, 01:28 PM   #7893
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
As lazy and incompetent as they are, they are never that lazy or incompetent. But I too would love that - if I could prove that it was their car that did the damage to mine.
Yes, like paint from their car on yours or a dent or scratch on their car at an equal place.
      04-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #7894
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I’m impressed with the BW stereo in my 2022. I guess I never cranked it before. The weather is beautiful today so I had the windows open. I found a limited station Guitar Greats on Sirius. I had the pleasure of listening to The Best of You by the Foo Fighters and then Whole Lotta Love came on. I confess I got a few roll eyes from onlookers.
Buug95917433.50
M5Rick60142.00
Dino GT35134.50
Dpc2u11503.00
      04-20-2022, 07:43 PM   #7895
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Ive never had a debit card.

Ive never used an ATM.

Ive never ordered a coffee from anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #7896
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
^^^ I confess I don't believe this guy.
He's 14 years old :
vreihen1615333.00
Buug95917433.50
      04-21-2022, 11:13 AM   #7897
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_g80 View Post
Ive never had a debit card.

Ive never used an ATM.

Ive never ordered a coffee from anywhere.
What do you get from lying on social media? Does making things up really make you feel better about yourself?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00
      04-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #7898
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
Rep

I confess I never knew women tooted. Three toots is a poot! When I met my first wife she never tooted around me. Only in the rest room. After some years she began to sound like an orchestra. She said she could let go as we'd been together a while. :
Appreciate 0