08-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
I need help with a DSC pressure sensor issue

Hello all. Apologies if this is the wrong location. I have a 2005 E46 M3 w/137k miles on it. I just bought the car. I've only had it for about 400 miles. A few days ago I got a yellow traction control light, paired with a yellow brake light while driving.

I scanned the car with an Autel scan tool. It had a billion codes from god knows when on it. So I cleared everything. The code issue came back, with the error 5E20 - DSC Pressure Sensor 1 - Absent. I cleared the code again, and it came back again, this time it was 5E24 - DSC Pressure Sensor 1 - Implausible.

My question for those of you out there with scan tools is...
What do your sensor 1, and sensor 2 values read when idle?

The first time I scanned it, sensor 1 read at +10, and sensor 2 read at -1. The second time around, after clearing the codes, sensor 1 read at -29 to -35, and sensor 2 read at -5 to -10.

These two values seem drastically different. Which seems odd to me since they are the same sensor, located right next to each other. Honestly, I'm not sure why they even needed 2 sensors? Maybe redundancy?

Anyway, I'm thinking it's a faulty sensor. But I would like to know what they SHOULD be reading. If #2 is on the way out as well, but just not there yet, I might as well do them both at the same time.

Thanks for the help...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0