E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

12-20-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
sam_m2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

New car E46 M3 SMG - SMG flash questions

Hi everyone,

got an E46 M3 coming to myself soon.

I have had to settle for an SMG car but just 3 owners from new.

2003 SMG car in Carbon Black with Imola Red interior covered 109,000 miles. Car is in lovely condition for age and really clean and great history so was happy to settle for the SMG box.

I know this technology is dated now, just trying to make the best of what I have. So I will be looking to flash the SMG and possibly the car ECU, what is the best way to about this?

I have a F87 M2 which I use bootmod3 with and also flashed the DCT gearbox with xHp on the M2.

I am running a Macbook but it runs Windows also and I have an OBD adapter.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 08:19 PM   #2
NB STIG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Comp G83

Garage List
Congrats on your new car. By the way, The SMG transmission is an awesome transmission if you take the time to learn how to use it properly. If you start out with a good working transmission, you maintain the car property, and you don't abuse the car, the SMG transmission will last you a very long time and you will have a great time driving the car.
I also think that the right SMG CSL software makes the transmission a lot better and smoother. I would recommend paying a speed shop specializing in this type of software and let them install the software for you. They do this all day long and chances are they will do a better job than someone who is doing this for the first time. It also should not cost more than 150 quid and you will save yourself a lot of headaches. Good luck and enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 07:25 AM   #3
S65 spice
Rep
Drives: 2003 e46 m3

I am looking for set imola red in interior seats and door cards e46 m3
Appreciate 0