BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

11-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
yellowssm
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Went to the drag strip last night...HPF Stage 2 vs AMS Nissan GTR 775 AWHP!!!

So I got a chance to go to the drag strip last night and I am getting alot faster. My previous fastest time was 12.0 @ 129.XX on pump and meth with street tires. I am really happy with my results last night and I know me and the car had alot more in it, but with all the waiting around and all the people breaking (4 in an hour) it got tiresome and real cold waiting around. I know I can get better 60' also since I was still spinning first a bit as you can see in the vid.

Here are the specs
-05 M3 (car #54)
-6MT
-HPF Stage 2
-111 Leaded Race gas Rocket brand (15 gallons)
-44 degrees outside
-Las Vegas Motor speedway (forget elevation etc)
-265/40/18 mickey thompson ET street II (25psi) on 18x9.5" SSR comp-H wheels (I know they are not wide but I was originally running them on OEM 18's)
-Had rear camber set to 0 which helped alot! Before they were around -3 to fit my 285/30/19's and I spun like crazy
-Talking to a few of the guys that worked there, he said they no longer use water in the water box (so I was not doing burnouts) and they werent preping the tracks for midnight mayhems anymore because all the rookies were out screwing around and wrecking. He said to comeback on wednesdays when the pros come out for a well preped track :facepalm:

Here are the pics and vids

My fastest run of the night and of all time! sorry about my buddies comments he gets excited. LOL

I am pretty sure the GTR was one of these because it had a AMS sticker on it. He said he had $35000 in the motor, and he said he made 775 awhp on a mustang dyno.

I ran him twice but the first run I sun first hard and and had to quick shift to second. Here is my best run against him.

The guy said he was at the drag stip 2 weeks ago and he was running 9.9's. Last night his best was 10.0.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
nice... they've got an AMS GTR in the West Coast already?! whew!!! super sick!

great times on your end also! keep it up!
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Appreciate 0