E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Rear speaker too loud

04-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
alex2
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Angry Rear speaker too loud

hi,
i have the standard audio with prof. radio and navi; so i have midrange speaker in the front doors and 2 larger speakers in the rear "hutablage" (not in the doors)
(don't know maybe you have better speakers standard)
without any changes, the rear speakers are much louder than the front, so i have to adjust the fader a bit to the front.
the problem is, that this setting doesn't affect the navi voice. if i want to hear the voice in the front seat, i have to turn it rather loud. So people in the back get the voice very loud direct behind their head -and don't like that;o)
so my questions:
it's not possible to adjust the fader for navi vioce?!
is there an amp where i can adjust the rear volume?
are my rear speakers normal speakers, eg. is it possible to use a resistor or something to lower the level?

ps. do you know a german forum that good?? there is none;o)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

In order to set the Nav voice volume, adjust the volume whilst the nav sysyem is giving a direction.

To make the system speak on demand, you may need to set a route, then turn the voice guidance off and then on a few times until you are happy.

(added a minute later) - I found the Bass overpowering for normal listening, maybe turning that down a little may improve things further?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
alex2
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

i know how to adjust the volume, the problem is the front/rear balance;
thank you with the bass;i'll try that; a lot of the bass (all) is coming from the rear, thats true; but it will affect the music sound quality;

for my part, i would prefer it to have navi only from the front speakers!
Appreciate 0