BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

07-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Driving the E46 M3 CSL - does it stand the test of time?

There are a few BMW's every enthusiast knows of, the famous E9 CSL, the E30 M3 and the E46 M3 CSL. BMW have of course produced many more legendary cars but you'll often find at least two of these at the top of any list.

Having cut our teeth on E46 M3 tuning when Evolve started 13 years ago the CSL was a halo car even then. I had a chance to drive a CSL back then and it left a lasting impression on me. Would revisiting the car in a now turbocharged world 17 years after it launched shatter those rose tinted glasses, or only reinforce the memories of the last meeting with one of BMW M's finest.

Thanks to our friends at BMW Park Lane and BMW UK for making this possible.

Appreciate 5
WolfGTI688.50
1230vani637.00
Milas29.50
E92M3GT101.00
      07-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
There are a few BMW's every enthusiast knows of, the famous E9 CSL, the E30 M3 and the E46 M3 CSL. BMW have of course produced many more legendary cars but you'll often find at least two of these at the top of any list.

Having cut our teeth on E46 M3 tuning when Evolve started 13 years ago the CSL was a halo car even then. I had a chance to drive a CSL back then and it left a lasting impression on me. Would revisiting the car in a now turbocharged world 17 years after it launched shatter those rose tinted glasses, or only reinforce the memories of the last meeting with one of BMW M's finest.

Thanks to our friends at BMW Park Lane and BMW UK for making this possible.

Wow! Awesome!
Appreciate 1