home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum Photos, Videos, Builds

04-14-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Apollo 13

M3 e46 OEM Plus Project

Hi everyone, I've recently started my YouTube channel and I'm going to do a project with my e46 M3.

As I say, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel but I'm going to pick the best (for me) parts and take this car to another level, while retaining as much of the OEM feel as possible, ergo, the OEM Plus label.

I hope you all enjoy this, and pardon any mistake but I've owned two e92's but this is my first e46 (about two months).

Stay safe!

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
RoyalFlushness
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Nice video. Looking forward to what you choose to do to the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 01:16 AM   #3
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

sub to your channel
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
Fredster
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 M3, Fire Orange

Looking forward to watching your progress.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 03:52 AM   #5
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So far it's still at the shop, waiting for the racing diffs parts to arrive. I'll install the 3 part kit and hopefully my knocking will go away.

I'll post again when I get it back.

In the meantime, since I'm selling my previous car, I decided to do a review on it. It's nothing special, but it's been a faithful car for the last 5 years.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hello friends!

I have decided to replace and update my xenon bulbs. I went with Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Laser's.

It was tougher that expected because tutorials online pointed towards the existence of 3 bolts. Two on the top and one on the side. Turns out, there are two on top and two on the bottom. I had issues with the bottom bolts because it's so tight and my socket does not have a magnet, so screws fell, the tip of the socket fell, and so on. I'm usually fine doing these types of small upgrades, but this one was a bh and a certain point.

About the bulbs, I installed Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Lasers and they are great! I noticed a big big improvement, but I also think that a big part of that was because my bulbs were quite dim already, and I had no idea. In terms of the colour of the light, it's quite yellow, in my opinion, but much whiter than it was before. But the main reason for upgrading was the reach of the bulb, not colour.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied!

As always, I did a video installing the bulbs and showing a comparison. Not by best work, but I think it may be helpful. I'll be doing a couple more DIY's (F10 M5 gear knob, LED tail lamps and steering replacement) soon.

Appreciate 0