BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2024, 08:58 AM   #639
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks lowered to me. Def not the stock 4x4 height that my car came with.
      05-10-2024, 11:49 AM   #640
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks lowered to me. Def not the stock 4x4 height that my car came with.
Alan, is your car running 21/22 setup or 22 all around?

I just looked all of my data on F95 X5M, the distance from top of the wheel to fender is about 4.75".

If you can help me out to give me that measurement, it would be great.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 02:07 PM   #641
Bankerbry
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 21 M8CGC, 19 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
It might be that this is the best it's going to get. The expectation was that the gap would be reduced like others who have installed MSS and have posted pics of their X5M's, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I've had other owners measure the gap and there is about an 1.0 - 1.25" difference??
I'm feeling like maybe my expectations were set a little bit too high. I've had several people reach out and say it definitely looks too high, and then a few who have said it definitely looks lowered. I guess it just depends on who you ask. I appreciate the comments & input though.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13108.50
      05-10-2024, 09:41 PM   #642
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerbry View Post
It might be that this is the best it's going to get. The expectation was that the gap would be reduced like others who have installed MSS and have posted pics of their X5M's, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I've had other owners measure the gap and there is about an 1.0 - 1.25" difference??
I'm feeling like maybe my expectations were set a little bit too high. I've had several people reach out and say it definitely looks too high, and then a few who have said it definitely looks lowered. I guess it just depends on who you ask. I appreciate the comments & input though.
Most of the time it is hard to tell from pictures.
This platform is super tall by default.
1.25” is where the sweet spot to lower while keeping ride quality.
Few of my local customers goes with KW HAS for a 1.4” drop, while compromise the ride quality. For .15” extra, I don’t think it worth the downgrade.
Also, since your car’s color is dark, it gives different illusion too.
Appreciate 1
Bankerbry404.50
      05-11-2024, 07:33 PM   #643
Bankerbry
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 21 M8CGC, 19 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Most of the time it is hard to tell from pictures.
This platform is super tall by default.
1.25” is where the sweet spot to lower while keeping ride quality.
Few of my local customers goes with KW HAS for a 1.4” drop, while compromise the ride quality. For .15” extra, I don’t think it worth the downgrade.
Also, since your car’s color is dark, it gives different illusion too.
I wanted to post an update in this thread regarding my MSS springs.
I've been working with Ben at RG to try and determine why this didn't drop as much as either of us expected.
However, after checking & double checking all of the details I honestly think this may have been just my expectations being out of line.
I've analyzed before pictures and after pictures and now realize that my vehicle did lower almost 2" now after putting approximately 600 miles on the new springs.
In looking at a lot of other owners pictures on this forum, I expected the wheel gap to be slightly less than where mine ended up. At the end of the day these vehicles are set up high from the factory and there's only so far you can go without ruining the ride quality. (Shame on you BMW, nobody buys this to go off roading) 🤣
I have to say now that I've been able to process everything, I absolutely love this vehicle and am extremely impressed with the ride quality. The MSS springs actually smoothed the ride out slightly and this has been appreciated. In addition to that when I compare the look to a factory X5MC, I think it looks great. It also aligned very well.
Thank you to Ben for helping me trouble shoot and working with MSS to get measurements etc. His customer service went above & beyond, and I think it would be difficult to find someone more knowledgeable on BMW springs & mods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13108.50
Jszlaga480.50
      05-11-2024, 07:44 PM   #644
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerbry View Post
I wanted to post an update in this thread regarding my MSS springs.
I've been working with Ben at RG to try and determine why this didn't drop as much as either of us expected.
However, after checking & double checking all of the details I honestly think this may have been just my expectations being out of line.
I've analyzed before pictures and after pictures and now realize that my vehicle did lower almost 2" now after putting approximately 600 miles on the new springs.
In looking at a lot of other owners pictures on this forum, I expected the wheel gap to be slightly less than where mine ended up. At the end of the day these vehicles are set up high from the factory and there's only so far you can go without ruining the ride quality. (Shame on you BMW, nobody buys this to go off roading) 🤣
I have to say now that I've been able to process everything, I absolutely love this vehicle and am extremely impressed with the ride quality. The MSS springs actually smoothed the ride out slightly and this has been appreciated. In addition to that when I compare the look to a factory X5MC, I think it looks great. It also aligned very well.
Thank you to Ben for helping me trouble shoot and working with MSS to get measurements etc.
Thank you for the update and feedback.
Appreciate 2
Jszlaga480.50
Bankerbry404.50
      05-21-2024, 05:05 PM   #645
Cardona
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M Competition

Can anyone recommend a trusted suspension shop in the Houston area experienced with ax5/X6 M Comp?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13108.50