BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

02-18-2022, 03:00 AM   #199
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Apparently Redbull have got their new car out, there is a shot on Scarbs twitter feed. Come on a lot in a week. Shame Redull didn’t have the gumption to at least show some of its real car.

Game on for 2022 looking very interesting so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 03:21 AM   #200
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Apparently Redbull have got their new car out, there is a shot on Scarbs twitter feed. Come on a lot in a week. Shame Redull didn’t have the gumption to at least show some of its real car.

Game on for 2022 looking very interesting so far.
Most F1 cars happen way too early for me to watch live so I always have to watch reruns, this is the first one that's happening late enough in my time zone that I'm still awake to watch.

But yeah this is gonna be a really interesting season if these cars can race closer. Otherwise it will be all for nothing if they're too unstable to follow closely. I am curious about rain, and if the ground effects will cause alot of water to be picked up and sprayed.
      02-18-2022, 03:38 AM   #201
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Lol as per usual m power and Rick were wrong. Merc is showing their real car, and they're hiding nothing lol. So projection as per usual, red bull is the only team hiding everything they even launched a white version of their fake so just like you guys said multiple fake versions that Horner is picking from.

Things to note about the Merc:

1) the floor looks crazy, a bunch of waves like from the w12 which should help air extraction and increase down force. There's even alot of bits sticking up for air deflection around the rear wheels. The front aero tunnel strakes are interesting but I couldn't see much. So maybe that red bull "Newey" floor was projection too and it's actually Mercedes that made the super floor. That would be hilarious if the redbull was a bum car.

2) front wing is very interesting, they have the correct generating flap adjusters. But the tire temp pods are super high up, I wonder why.

3) Merc going with the narrow body concept, no side pod louvers, a minor under cut - nothing like the amr, and no over cut like the Ferrari.

It overall looks really good, the silver is actually quite nice not as bad as I thought.
minn1914078.00
      02-18-2022, 03:49 AM   #202
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Lol as per usual m power and Rick were wrong. Merc is showing their real car, and they're hiding nothing lol. So projection as per usual, red bull is the only team hiding everything they even launched a white version of their fake so just like you guys said multiple fake versions that Horner is picking from.

Things to note about the Merc:

1) the floor looks crazy, a bunch of waves like from the w12 which should help air extraction and increase down force. There's even alot of bits sticking up for air deflection around the rear wheels. The front aero tunnel strakes are interesting but I couldn't see much. So maybe that red bull "Newey" floor was projection too and it's actually Mercedes that made the super floor. That would be hilarious if the redbull was a bum car.

2) front wing is very interesting, they have the correct generating flap adjusters. But the tire temp pods are super high up, I wonder why.

3) Merc going with the narrow body concept, no side pod louvers, a minor under cut - nothing like the amr, and no over cut like the Ferrari.

It overall looks really good, the silver is actually quite nice not as bad as I thought.
Hiding the car f87? If they are then good. RBR have had to beef up their security at hq many times since Merc are just down the road from them.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 04:06 AM   #203
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Hiding the car f87? If they are then good. RBR have had to beef up their security at hq many times since Merc are just down the road from them.
Don't forget you guys were the ones insinuating Mercedes were going to launch fakes, but it's red bull that has launched 2 fakes.

Really redbull beefed up security, again baseless accusations and with your level of credibility it's nonsense. No one's going to break into another teams facility, that wouldn't be copying anymore that's a crime and legal liabilities would now come into play.

Redbull better launch an absolutely killer car, otherwise they were just hiding their failures and not successes. We will see when the season starts.
MontyB11428.00
minn1914078.00
      02-18-2022, 04:11 AM   #204
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Don't forget you guys were the ones insinuating Mercedes were going to launch fakes, but it's red bull that has launched 2 fakes.

Really redbull beefed up security, again baseless accusations and with your level of credibility it's nonsense. No one's going to break into another teams facility, that wouldn't be copying anymore that's a crime and legal liabilities would now come into play.

Redbull better launch an absolutely killer car, otherwise they were just hiding their failures and not successes. We will see when the season starts.
They're already testing that's no fake is it and you're just guessing Merc is the real thing...without even seing it proper yet.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 04:16 AM   #205
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
They're already testing that's no fake is it and you're just guessing Merc is the real thing...without even seing it proper yet.
Fake would mean nothing remains the same from launch to race day. That is the redbull which is a clone of f1 show car, so like m power said "they bought a whole bunch so they could pick which fake to show".

Real deal can allow for upgrade packages but the core stays mostly the same (crash structure is the same, the halo is the same, side impact structure is the same), that is every team so far including mercedes. These teams launched cars that are nothing like the show car.

Take a look, there is likely things that will change, but look at the detail on the floor, too much detail for a fake. There are intricacies even greater than Aston's car on this floor. If you look at the renders on their site then nothing is the same as here. But this is the launch car and it looks like they are hiding nothing. I suspect maybe the front wing and rear wing to change a bit, but not much more than that. They do seem to be shy with the front end and rear end of the car so I suspect something is going on there.

02-18-2022, 04:20 AM   #206
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Here is the render, as you can see with a render where details can be captured more accurately they chose to hide the floor details. Just like they did with the w12.

02-18-2022, 04:26 AM   #207
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Overall now that I had a chance to really look this is what I noticed:

1) push rod front suspension

2) a design on the wheel covers to make it look less ugly, I suspect others to follow suit.

3) There is an undercut under the side pod, just not as agressive as the amr. Seems like mercedes is going low drag, and venting all the air out the rear exit over the beam wing mclaren style. Except with undercuts. So a blend between AMR and Mclaren, interesting... Very different design concepts.

4) Rear wing has ferrari like C-cuts, but much further back.

5) Front wing has the 4th flow conditioner element like other cars.

6) The first bump in the floor seems to be alot farther forward than the other multi step floor cars.

7) The front wing end plates are massive on the merc, this might be a benefit in: generating outwash to push out the front wheel wake, and stop the high pressure and low pressure zones from mixing thus increasing down force generation.

8) acutally doesn't look that bad. The ferrari might have better paint scheme imo, but the body on this looks better. AMR is still the best imo.

Can't wait to see kyle break this one down.

Overall I am pretty hyped about this car, AMR, and the ferrari. Redbull really let me down because it was supposed to be the first major team's car and they launched nothing.

Last edited by F87source; 02-18-2022 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
MontyB11428.00
      02-18-2022, 05:09 AM   #208
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Finally, Kyle's analysis on the ferrari.

02-18-2022, 06:38 AM   #209
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

The new MB is out. I'm really surprised by how narrow the side pods are compared to every other car. Excellent packaging. It looks like the DRS actuator is missing in some of the photos (it's present in the launch video), so other details may be missing as well.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/10474...ottleneck.html

https://racer.com/2022/02/18/mercede...t-silverstone/

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/new...allenger-2022/

Last edited by irunalot; 02-18-2022 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 08:09 AM   #210
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Looks pretty good. MUCH better than I anticipated!

My worst fear came to fruition. Ferrari is the most bland car in the entire field

Pretty bad when Italians can't even get the fashion right
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MontyB11428.00
      02-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #211
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well this is all Redbull are confident of showing on their car this season. Every team bar HAAS has shown the actual images some with a few bits covered up but.

Are Redbull scared they haven’t done enough? Do they not want their own fans to get a real view of the car this year whilst all other fans are able to chat and look them over. For a team that is always seemingly so strong on at engaging the fans as a core part of its brand it’s a bit of a shit show this year.

AMR
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes

ALL released a pretty complete car, Redbull, he fans we have a new sponsor and as for the rest, yeah whatever. Test yesterday and STILL no footage or real pictures. WTAF.

Last edited by MontyB1; 02-18-2022 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 08:17 AM   #212
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well this is all Redbull are confident of showing on their car this season. Every team bar HAAS has shown the actual images some with a few bits covered up but.

Are Redbull scared they haven’t done enough? Do they not want their own fans to get a real view of the car this year whilst all other fans are able to chat and look them over. For a team that is always seemingly so strong on at engaging the fans as a core part of its brand it’s a bit of a shit show this year.

AMR
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes

ALL released a pretty complete car, Redbull, he fans we have a new sponsor and as for the rest, yeah whatever. Test yesterday and STILL no footage or real pictures. WTAF.
Still top secret I guess, all I know is the test car was painted an off white possibly with black specs.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 08:24 AM   #213
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:

AMR
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes

Well to be fair, Redbull only recently learned that Masi was fired. They had expected Masi to "bend" the rules and allow them to run last year's car. Now that they don't have a FIA race director on their team, they're having to scramble and design a new car.
Appreciate 6
irunalot1518.00
M5Rick61840.00
Steeler2430.00
Fliplegend1520.50
F87source7367.00
Bongoxxx805.50
      02-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #214
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Well to be fair, Redbull only recently learned that Masi was fired. They had expected Masi to "bend" the rules and allow them to run last year's car. Now that they don't have a FIA race director on their team, they're having to scramble and design a new car.
That is the funniest post on here
Appreciate 4
      02-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #215
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Still top secret I guess, all I know is the test car was painted an off white possibly with black specs.
Nope and it’s embarrassing for a Redbull fan they are treating you and the sport with distain plain and simple. Very very disappointing way to treat the sport as well.

Not that they car, they can’t.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #216
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61840.00
      02-18-2022, 08:47 AM   #217
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Typical RB, if you pause the video, take a screen shot and zoom in you can get the general concept but you cant really make out any details. The body looks very similar to last years car.

It's good to see so many different concepts, testing will be interesting this year.

Last edited by irunalot; 02-18-2022 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61840.00
      02-18-2022, 08:57 AM   #218
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Nope and it’s embarrassing for a Redbull fan they are treating you and the sport with distain plain and simple. Very very disappointing way to treat the sport as well.

Not that they car, they can’t.
It's short and blurry like the 1-75 at Fiorano but I don't mind waiting..it just postpones the excitement
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #219
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It's short and blurry like the 1-75 at Fiorano but I don't mind waiting..it just postpones the excitement
I don't see the big deal about reveal

I've seen it. Now will it be fast or a turd
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61840.00
      02-18-2022, 10:17 AM   #220
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I don't see the big deal about reveal