01-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #17
GottWhat
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As typical of GM, corporate always gets in the way of logic.

Rebadging an ancient vehicle from abroad and passing it off as a new car was lame. It's the same reason why the entire Buick line sucks, they're all a bunch of badge engineered variants of Opels and Chevys. The SS looked plain, had a crap interior, crap electronics, and GM's famous crap reliability. It just goes to show how stupid GM's management continues to be by allowing such a product to reach the market. While I don't think the Kia Stinger will be a hot seller either, I admire Kia for actually putting effort into their RWD sport sedan. It looks great, the interior seems nice for what it is, and the electronics will be modern.

I can't think of many desirable vehicles from GM.
GM has plenty of nice vehicles...off the top of my head: CT6, CTS, ATS, XT5, New Malibu, New Lacrosse, Impala, C7 Corvette, Camaro, Volt, Bolt, Full-size trucks, full-size SUV's, mid-size trucks, Regal GS, Chevy SS, new Acadia, upcoming Traverse, etc.

The SS run was going to come to an end no matter what, the Holden factory is closing and it wouldn't make sense to shift production to US for an old car.
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
Efthreeoh17405.50