View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

My parents were quite young when they started their family. The first child was born when my mother was 17, father 19.

Fast forward to today, the three of us are a triangle of sorts. In February of this year, 2020, my mother visited my home. She played the same caring and compassionate mother she had always been. Times have been tough over the last 10 years with my children and her medical issues. She has suffered two strokes that have left her, well, different.

She left from her visit, went back home and proceeded to send A TEXT to my father and I that she loathed us, we dont support her and she wanted me to inform my children she had died.

She divorced "us" and legally divorced my father, her husband of 40 years, and moved to Las Vegas. She is more than ailed, cant see due to strokes, cant think clearly and has become a woman I cannot recognize in and out. At this point, she does not communicate with me as she has changed her number. I cant offer help.

The one thing I realized, the closer someone is, the more eligible the opportunity for pain. Family helps, family hurts and family goes. My definition of family is forever altered and I cannot consider anyone willing to hurt another with mal intent to be family of mine. I have friends that care more for my well being than my own family. Parents or not, sometimes it isnt healthy for the "me" in the equation to cling to a blood connection.
Appreciate 2
Lups11826.50
nyalpine907433.00