New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
I'm liking VW's vibe these days.
At least in the US, I am the exact opposite. I was a huge VW fan owning only VWs until I was 30. And I still have my corrado, which I've owned for more than 20 yrs. They've gone from quirky and sometimes interesting cars, to dull, bland, and with sometimes questionable styling.

I'm starting to very slowly warm to the mkVIII. I still have an issue with the design but have narrowed it down to the area from the middle of the hood down to the bottom of the headlights. That area looks out of proportion and bulbous, whereas the rest of the car is a bit tighter in design. But I have also read reports that the mkVIII has undergone substantial cost cutting, including (but not limited to) removing the hood strut for a prop rod.

But getting back to the rest of the lineup, other than the GTI/R, I wouldn't touch another VW with a 10 ft pole. They're so tragically dull. But what about the GLI? It might be dynamically similar to a GTI, but the design is unattractive. No thanks. I do like the Arteon, but not sure I like the price. I will say that if VW sold the current gen t-reg in the US, I would likely own one. I sat in one last year in Stockholm and loved it.
Appreciate 1
chassis6598.50