Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
I’ve gotten spoken to about divorce experiences from probably a dozen guys ranging from 40-80 in the past 15 years and no way in hell I’m ever getting married. Some of the stuff I read here just confirms my thinking that the vast majority of marriage laws are skewed against us dudes.

Long story short, pro life long gf, anti marriage
Like any other risk there are upsides and downsides. Like forums talking about car problems, talking to people in general and the divorced person goes on and on about how horrible his marriage was, then can't let it go for years or decades. Ask the happily married person about his experience and he say "everything it good" or "good and bad" but the endless droning about his past doesn't happen (note the people here).

Happily married for 15 years, got married when I was 36, likely the best financial decision I could make. Mortgage/utilities cut in half, vacations easy to go on and far cheaper, work around the house far simpler, discounts on insurance, can only think of positives financially. She is 5 years younger than me, has no interest in retiring and with her carrying insurance and reduced expenses, increased savings I can likely retire 5 years sooner than if I was single if I want to.
Funny you say that, it is similar to asking how a wealthy person got so rich and a poor person got/stayed poor.

One person doesn't need to explain and the other gives too much of an explanation.
E92inNC1709.50