11-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #141
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I'm not going to call this a swing and a miss. It's a better looking Civic and if I was deciding between the two, I'd choose the Integra. To me it's better looking by far. The new Civic doesn't jive with me at all.

I think the bigger issue was Acura's marketing campaign prior to the reveal. They hyped this way too hard as a bigger deal than what was revealed yesterday, a Civic SI clone. When you promote it the way they did, I expected something a little more groundbreaking underneath the sheet metal than an automatic transmission option.

Acura has been all hype for a while, it's getting old. Marketing doesn't sell enthusiast oriented cars to enthusiasts, substance does. And there isn't much here in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to higher end versions, but the precedent that this reveal set is that I may as well just look to Honda to see what's coming since a new exterior and a badge seems to be all Acura is capable of doing.
Well said my friend
This price point there are far better cars
Looks like the quirky mk8 GTI will still stand on the top heap of being the king if hot hatches
Appreciate 0