02-11-2022, 04:54 PM   #39
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
I'm only half way through the video and pretty impressed with the amount of development for a first year car. The dual tea trey is really interesting. Lets see if it really gives them an advantage. The pull-rod front on the McLaren is interesting as the last few cars including Mclaren/Ferrari (2010 if I remember) did not have a very good front end and they reverted to push-rod.

The Aston does look more developed than the McLaren at this point. As you stated I really want to see what Mercedes and Redbull have come up with. The thing I love about rule changes is the engineering and different approach taken by each team. Lets see if any one comes up with a real game changer ala the Brawn double diffuser.
Yeah aston is so impressive right now, and the key thing is the side pod design and tea tray, those things will not be able to be changed mid season like a front wing could be. So they got the big bit down early, I am very curious to see how well aston does. Remember stroll said world champion in '22, '23, '24 so that would be epic if it happened lol.

The crazy thing is the brawn double diffuser was made by the same team that now is mercedes, and you have seen their constant innovation: DAS, squatting suspension, swept back rear suspension for better aero, narrow nose etc etc etc. They are the ones constantly making big innovations while the rest just copy, so I would not be suprised if mercedes came out with a huge game changing innovation once more. Mercedes are the quiet ones never talking super loud and you never hear rumours about their designs, but once they reveal it is major. So I am excited to see some cool engineering.
3798j11552.50
irunalot1518.00