JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
JayR_e92,

Now that you have had the car for a bit, how does it compare to your old e92 M3?

I am contemplating selling my M240i and getting into a e90 or e46 M3. I am weary of going back to an older car, and the costs associated with them. But I also miss the engaging drive of the older, analog cars like the e90/9s's and e46's.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you like. But I bet others would be interested as well.

Fantastic looking e46 btw....

Cheers!
Josh
Great question Josh 👍🏽

The short answer is - I believe the E9X is a slightly better platform overall. Simply because of the intoxicating sounds, the balance between comfort and raw driving experience, and the overall reliability. This also depends on your intended purpose.

If it's solely track, E46 M3.

Daily driving (and you want more comfort), E9X M3.

Daily + weekend warrior, you cannot go wrong with either one

However, both can be built or modified to outperform one another.

One more thing I'll add, for those that care - the E46 M3 seems to be the crowd favorite. The amount of attention from other car enthusiasts you receive in an e46 M3 is substantially more than an e90/e92 M3 in my experience.

In conclusion - you will not regret buying one over the other and you truly need to experience both to form your own opinion because it's so close, it could sway either way!

I hope this helps 🤙🏽
Titanium silver E46 M3 (OEM project) current
Appreciate 1
spidy512502.00