10-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #225
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazinjoey View Post
People often talk about lazy immigrants but have you ever actually met one? I have met extremally few...
So my views might be abit scewed but most people immigrating(99% I've met) wanted to find a good job, work their way up and have a stable life while also supporting their family abroad. A big problem is them actually getting the jobs as recruiters would rather choose a Johnson than a Mendez or Abdallah. So in some cases they get jobs with their own culture and leads to not really assimilating.

Funny enough this was a big problem in Volvo some teams in their plants were all Finns and they only spoke Finnish with each other so a lot of them forgot Swedish even after living here 20-40+ years

Alsoa s someone outside of the US realm is that immigrations to a certain level is needed and beneficial to a country as long as it's done right. Aka getting them assimilated and out to the job market. Most people don't want to sit on their ass but do wanna work and socialize. They might cost the goverment money first 3-4 years but they will pay back taxes for 20-60+ years
Living in the SW for a number of years now, I can honestly say that Mexican immigrants are the hardest working people I've ever seen. With one exception from a long time ago when I worked in SE MA for TI after getting out of the Air Force: Portuguese immigrants. The best people I've ever had working for me in a long career in manufacturing and materials management. I welcome--legal--immigrants. My father was one from Germany long ago.
Appreciate 1
chris7197339.50