Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRenegade View Post
There are better EVs now,

Performance: Porsche Taycan, and other German brands are catching on
Everyman cars : Hyundai Ioniq, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, etc

Why overpay for poor quality?
I'm sure there will be better EVs coming out. The Mustang MachE is interesting, however the Taycan? It's over $100k where a brand new model 3 starts at like $35k, even the Model S starts at just under $70k with like double the range and slightly lower 0-60 than the base $100k Taycan. The Hyundai is a hybrid and the Bolt and Leaf... well just look at them, you also can't compare the speed, technology or charging network between the two. That being said the Bolt is probably the closest competitor to a Model 3 right now IMO. If my mom wanted an EV I would tell her to get a Bolt.

For me if buying new right now the Model 3 is cheaper, faster, better looking (subjective) has better tech and a better charge network behind it than the Bolt. Sorry, but people don't just put up with the actual issues Tesla has because they are all fanbois. They do it because when you compare everything they are IMO the best EVs out there right now for the $$ EVEN with their flaws.

Also Tesla made EVs "cool". I mean who the fuck wants a freaking Leaf or a Prius or that weird Honda thing that probably like 5 people bought, 4 of whom probably lived in a tree. EVs were reserved for tree hugging hippies. Tesla turned that shit around and made it to where normal people wanted a Tesla. Now that they have done the hard part all the other big boys want to jump on the bandwagon and to be honest.... I don't know why they haven't already eaten Teslas lunch.

On the flip side I think Tesla has been super focused on the battery tech, their supercharger network and their software, while ignoring many of the CAR issues such as the build quality, customer service, service center experience etc. I think this has put them way ahead of the big boys when it comes to range and tech, but as soon as they catch up I think Tesla could be in trouble. But WTF do I know.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
stein_325i25083.00