View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #93
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

For me, it has to be legal to actually purchase/own one in my state - Corupticut (also known as Connecticut) currently permits politicians to accept monthly "donations" from the dealers union to ignore and not vote on any bills that allow EV's or Tesla to do business in the state.... But Corrupticut will still charge you a higher sales tax rate than the state normal rate on your out-of-state vehicle purchase, plus ~$1200/year for "vehicle property tax" on your "illegal EV" and if you don't pay both taxes they won't let you register the vehicle in the state.

I was one of the first with the Model 3 pre-reservations in the state, but unfortunately the two bill attempts right before the 3 was released never made it to the floor for a vote to pass legislation.

I've even spoke to two dealers in the state and they laugh and say, they can't believe how easy it is to buy our politicians.. you don't even need to do it under the table, just a couple thousand a month and they pretend like the bill doesn't exist.
Appreciate 0