EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Having only recently got into F1 in last 4-5 years, its kind of like any sport in my opinion. They change something with hoping to improve but hurt something else. The spending cap, which I understand, has allowed Red Bull to be more competitive this year which makes races a lot more fun to watch. But now its swinging to Red Bull dominating. While I find myself rooting for HAM, it is fun watching VER challenge and beating him. I am wondering however how much of it is money spent on development throughout the year versus pure skill.
The spending cap has had really no impact on RB becoming more competitive. RB has always been spending similar to what MERC has been spending.

The rule changes to the aero of the cars is what has allowed RB to be more competitive. The changes were directly made to slow down MERC and have had a much more dramatic impact to the low rake vs. high rake designs.
I must have misunderstood because a lot of what I read, RB has been able to spend more on the current car than Mercedes has been. Guess that's an excuse HAM was using for getting waxed