01-17-2022, 09:21 AM   #93
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
gas was $1 in 1992 and is $3.50 in 2022 (average so don't say anything about Commiefornia prices lol)

inflation from 92 to 02 would have put gas at $2 so gas has outpaced inflation. but, how much of that is due to taxes or other government intervention or higher profit margins rather than just the pure cost of gas being higher? it's not so cut and dry to use this as a comparison, imo.

this is probably a better chart if you want to compare gas to inflation even though it's a little old you get the idea.

The only other thing I wonder I guess is if the planet will save itself. From a capitalist viewpoint, something will always fill the void, so will the planet grow bigger trees (for example) because carbon dioxide levels raise in order to maintain homeostasis? Or will mother earth just let herself implode? I am sure the science isn't being done in a vacuum but humans, in fact all life, has survived the heating and cooling of the earth many many times. I'd be more worried about getting drilled by a big space rock, lol. If it weren't for those, we wouldn't even be here.
In this data-rich thread... your graph shows exactly what I said.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0