View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Help me pick an E46

I couldn't find an E46 sub-forum (point me in the right direction if it exists plz) so figured this was as good a place as any.

I'm considering picking up a E46 M3 my "daily". Daily would be driving to work 3-4 times a week for about a total of 120 miles weekly.

This is mainly driven by the fact I need a daily, moreso than me really wanting a E46. My budget is about $25k for a daily, so if I'm going to spend that I'd like to at least put it towards something I'll enjoy vs. a soulless, boring lease etc.

I just began my search and my main criteria is low-ish miles, enough that I can pile them on for the next 3-5 years before hitting 100k, but not so low that I'm paying a premium for a garage queen. I'm primarily looking at automatics due to how it'll be driven, plus the manuals command a premium and I'm trying to stay within budget.

I've got my eye on this one but it's not local. I don't have a problem with that but would want to fly out, do a PPI and then transport it back. I'm trying to stay away from mods but this one is tastefully done IMO and she's priced right...And the cinnamon interior

This one is local, and I love the Monaco exterior but not the biggest fan of the gray interior. I'd have to see it in person.

Any thoughts on either of those? I'm not as well-versed with the E46 lifecycle...anything specific to keep an eye on or known issues?

I'm also trying to be patient and keep an eye on the market since I just started looking and I'm not under a ton of pressure for timing.