helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
Very common and not always disclosed by the organizers.

Always read the fine print on the track day event you are thinking about signing up for.

Touristenfahrten isn't a track day... it's a public toll road. There's no signing up for anything. Throw some cash on your lap card and off you go!

For newbies, I highly recommend NOT GOING anywhere near the 'Ring on a weekend during the summer. Your best bet is early in the season during the week or late in the season during the week and/or early on the weekend.

Tourist Drive sessions have gotten insane over the last decade... hell, from what I hear, actual organized track days (cost upwards of 1000 EUR or more) are almost just as bad as far as the clientele goes.

YouTube and videogames have really done a number on that place...

As for the German GP, as well as the European GP - they ran them a handful of times on the GP course. The only reason they don't have it now is that the current ownership doesn't want to pay the exorbitant fees. I guess the same goes for Hockenheim. Honestly, F1 can pound sand. The VLN/NLS/N24 are so much better in the fact that tickets are affordable and you pretty much have full access to everything. I'll take SP3 cars all day long... not to mention all the random classes/series and one-off cars (Opel Manta!).
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60878.00
Dan B303.50