View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 04:52 PM   #11
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
My concern with ceramic coatings was never the prep before application or the actual ceramic application. It was the fact that if you got a scratch, needed body work or needed to reapply... to correct a scratch, you'd have to compound the ceramic coating off in that area before working on the scratch or doing body work. How long does the ceramic last? Did it last longer on certain parts of the car than others. How do you know where it's still working, where it isn't still working and how do you re-apply with certain parts of the car still having ceramic protection and others that don't. It'd obviously make it easier to keep your car clean but I returned the ceramic coating I bought after thinking about long-term maintenance. A high quality carnauba Wax + sealant seemed like a much easier solution for me.
If you can swing the cost, get it wrapped. Both my cars are wrapped and it's the best thing ever. My lil brother has a black GTR and it still looks brand new. 2012. It's costly, but it's the BEST way to keep it looking perfect
Appreciate 0