View Single Post
      01-21-2022, 07:51 PM   #11364
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

All this Led Zeppelin talk brings back memories.
I saw Led Zeppelin at the Chicago Stadium in 1977 when I was 8 years old.
I know what you're thinking "what terrible parents!" Well I guess they were ultimately responsible but it was my much older cousins who were babysitting while my parents were out of town that brought me. I don't know all the details but the story today was that one of their boyfriends was a well known local independent pharmacist that supplied party favors to bands when they were in town. This also provided him with full VIP access to shows.

While I don't profess to have Hyperthymesia-perfect memory- I can remember vivid details from my childhood. Ask me what I ate for breakfast today and I be hard pressed to tell you.
Anyway I remember being in a room with a bunch of people including some kids that I played with. I remember the funny way they spoke-assuming foreign accents. I also remember the thick smoke that filled the air that made it hard to breathe. I also remember meeting someone that I said looked liked Bluto from Popeye and got a big laugh from the whole crowd. My cousin has insisted this was John Bonham. IDK for sure.
Somewhere hidden away in the vast archives at my parents house is a signed program guide by all the members of the band. I found it back in the 80's but have not been able to locate it since.
Over the next few years I attended several additional concerts. I can remember having lots of fun-contact high?-but Kiss really stands out. Gene Simmons was amazing. I thought he was a super hero!
I also remember being told over and over don't tell your parents!
One thing I'm certain about is that these early experiences had a profound impact on me. My love of all music especially live rock & roll, my career choices- roadie, sound engineer and ultimately an acoustician.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 5
BOOF-M34451.50
Esteban43794.50
M5Rick60123.00
hubbahubba8842.00
bobowar1353479.00