Thread: Boats?
View Single Post
      11-26-2021, 10:46 AM   #67
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I perpetuate those common sayings about boat ownership in jest. But sometimes people need to lighten up a bit. So far, my boat ownership hasn't been too bad now that I've crossed one year of ownership. The most expensive things I've done so far on my boat has been upgrading the stereo speakers, stereo head unit, tablet and mounting arm, installation of a bilge pump, and the purchase of safety gear (inflatable life jacket with safety line).

Comparing boating with my motorcycling hobby, it'll probably be a little cheaper...maybe a lot cheaper. Every year, I'm doing track days with California Superbike School to the tune of about $4k in school/track fees. This is not including the gas to get there and back, lodging, and food. Safety gear is also more expensive. I paid about $400 for the life jacket and safety line. The Shoei X-14 helmet I purchased for track use was a tick over $500 but now they're going for around $700 to a bit over $800. Gloves, boots, and track leathers are about $1200. Routine maintenance on my Ducati 848 was $1500 for the last 7500 mile service.

So it's all relative.
Appreciate 0