View Single Post
      02-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

I work at a dealer that sells a decent number of them, and services ones owned by our clients. Issues with electronics and suspension seem to be most common. My understanding is that the newer the better with these things. That said, they don't seem to be too awfully expensive to maintain relative to their cost new.

I've driven several, and I for one love them. They're not quite what I would call exciting, but they are surprising competent and athletic, and they have loads of character. The W12 is an awesome engine, and I think the design is beautiful. They have definitely aged well, and most people would struggle to tell a 12 yo one apart from a new one. Also, you have AWD for all-weather capability. Downsides are they are considerably dated from a technology and feature standpoint.

I've looked into them myself, but I always get pulled back in the direction of keeping my Mk7 GTI as a daily and getting a 997 911.

If you're going to do one, my recommendation would be to get one as new and low miles as possible, and get as much use out of it as possibly can over a year or two, and then get out.

Last edited by FriskyDingo; 02-09-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0