View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
jordanm3195
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Congratulations! Your thoughts on both cars mirror mine (though my comparison was to the 6MT G82). This is as close as any M3 has ever gotten to the same-generation Carrera S.

The M4 Comp RWD got within 4 seconds of the 992 911 S time on comparable tires (7:30 for the 911 vs. 7:33 for the M4). Those numbers validate what I felt firsthand driving both extensively. The 7:33 time represents a significant improvement over the previous generation (>10 seconds).

The M3/4 is the smaller, nimbler, more track-ready car, though the M5 is definitely no slouch. The M5 CS posted a better Ring time than both the M4 and 911 C2S. The M5 is noticeably faster in a straight line.

The exhaust button changes both the artificial sound and the exhaust valves themselves. The behavior does not appear to be binary; BMW states that the valves are designed to incrementally open/close based on settings and driving conditions.

Is it safe to safe the awd track time is even less of a 3 second difference at that point since the times you posted were for a g82 manual.

When I drove the m5 I felt it was more bland compared to the m3 driving experience. This feels more raw if that makes sense.

Also, I guess that reiterates the stuff I heard about sport /sport + with button on = valves open but also artificial sound?
If I have the button off, will they close then?
Appreciate 0