View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 07:18 AM   #111
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I'm not saying that they are gonna sell for E30 M3 prices, but V8's are a big deal in the AMG community. The last V8 AMG C-Class at least in the future may hold prices just a tad higher than normal depreciation. It will still depreciate of course, its not a god status car like the 993. Other than the E9X M3 which has been gone for years, there is no other newer compact sedan that offers a V8 under the hood. Definitely something that may be sought after in our bleak electric/downsizing future.
If it's one of last V8's in a small chassis, I think pricewise, they're going to do great. Not just because it's the last V8, but AMG is synonymous with a V8 engine. This would be like M breaking away from the 6 cylinders, would be a sad day indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Well, enough customers are fine with them that they haven't changed the entire line over. I don't expect to see that happen either.
Can't exactly just scrap a brand new engine with the snap of a finger. I think they very much realized they made a mistake, but what I like about them is that they rectify it as much as possible.

Dealerships couldn't give away the 718 GTS. Friend of mine with a good history with local dealership was offered brand new GTS at a ridiculous price and he turned it down.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00