View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #100
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Time to get a W205 before they end production. With the I4 this will surely keep the resale higher being that its the last V8 AMG C-Class. My one hope is that with this new powertrain set up they will maybe make the car a little more fun/playful like the new A/CLA 45 are. Luckily the V8 is staying in the E-Class and up, still a shame though, the V8 is what defined this car.
I'm definitely not an AMG guy, but the C63 would be my second choice after the M3/4. No manual kind of kills it for me, but at least no one will ever say the car doesn't have character.

There have been more and more rumors about this 4 pot hybrid from pretty reliable sources, but it would be a double no for me. Not interested in a hybrid unless it's a plug in, and even then that would be stretching it. Add to the fact it's a 4 cylinder would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

I've had 2 turbo 4 pots as daily drivers, and it's OK at best, and that's only because they weren't weekend cars. I appreciated the good MPG, but didn't like the characters of these cars, not to mention the lack of smoothness compared to the I6's, especially during start/stop cycles.

Just a personal opinion, but I don't even really like the 4 cylinders in very highly regarded cars like the S2000.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00