View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #172
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Sometimes i wonder if kids simply aren't taught about the sanctity of marriage and the importance of choosing your partner wisely. You have to know your true north and your likes and dislikes before you tie the knot. I was 28, my wife 26, when we got married - i knew, from observing others, that kids are what affect the most change in a marriage - due to a whole host of reasons. But for the life of me, i cannot understand divorce. Or remarrying, sharing custody, etc. It sounds like such a nightmare. Why can't the couple just forgive and love each other? Of course the answers are complicated, but life is complicated! Each individual needs to have a system in place for their marriage to work harmoniously. Having said all that, if there is infidelity, physical or mental abuse, or drugs and alcohol, that's different.

When i was a little guy, i'd leave church wondering how couples expected to start together without God in their lives. And church, although not mandatory, is a big part of putting God in a person or families life. But people these days seem to know better. They don't make God a priority, they don't go to church for various reasons. And then when life really gets rough, they wonder where their support and love is. Hell even this season of Covid I'd not want to attempt navigating without our church family. It's not obvious, it's not mandatory, it's not easy, church. But it serves as a weekly reminder, be kind, patient, forgiving, etc. Does church stop divorce? Of course not. But I wouldn't wanna try marriage without God in the center. Too many bridges had to be made in a marriage that i'm not capable of building on my own.

My wife comes from a family that divorced when she was 8. I know enough to know it's complicated and very very messy. And to this day, it's still complicated and messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
rebekahb3128.50