View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #166
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

We have clashed in regards to my eldest, and by clashed I mean absolutely gone to town arguing. I feel she has thrown way too many toys at him, is too easy on him and let's him off the hook too often. I could see from a very early age, maybe 3 to 4, that he needed a firm hand. He does everything in a bare minimum fashion, started lying early and generally had to work for nothing.

I raised a red flag early, missus saying i grew up deprived so just wan to pass that onto my kids. That is not the case at all, the constant gift giving, from a small kinder egg every day to half a dozen birthday presents at once, had me up in arms. His grades were excellent but I kept seeing "easily distracted" on his report card and continued to raise flags with the wife who continued to argue vociferously that I was an ass.

I also noticed an increasing trend of an inability to focus, just getting ready for school is arduous, bed time he would draw it out to a 45 minute process as of age 5 and I'd have to go downstairs to avoid a confrontation with the wife in front of him then she would come down and ream me out for not staying until he was in bed.

He is now 9 and the reality is become clear. Got his first D- for a test this year, lied to us and the teacher that he did his homework when he didn't, found dozens of candy wrappers under his bed. It is unravelling, and I saw it coming and now the work needed to repair this is going to take years instead of nipping it in the bud years ago.

She now admits she didn't see it coming but no apology at all, just wants to focus n how to fix it which is now my issue apparently. So how can I let another man into this realm, you think he is going to be as firm as I am? By 15 my kid would be lost, he needs me to guide him.
Appreciate 0